Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
If his exposure to intentional defamation claims is a liability, where would he go next that would help defend him from such and absorb the costs of his baggage?
He already has a local studio where he lives and broadcasts from. He would freelance is my guess. Will be fun to watch him tear down Fox if he goes that route to claw his audience from them.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Haven't a clue. Was just making an observation.
Then why would he intentionally want to disengage from the most successfully lucrative gig of his otherwise largely failure-featured talking head employment history elsewhere?
Old 04-25-2023, 09:05 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Then why would he intentionally want to disengage from the most successfully lucrative gig of his otherwise largely failure-featured talking head employment history elsewhere?
You'll have to ask him that question. He's already has more money than he and his family will ever need and no doubt has invested it wisely. Maybe he's not greedy.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
He already has a local studio where he lives and broadcasts from. He would freelance is my guess. Will be fun to watch him tear down Fox if he goes that route to claw his audience from them.
I doubt he will deflect a significant portion of career Faux viewers from their habitual affirmative happy place. He may be an additional attraction for internet conspiracy theory wacko addicts in the mold of Alex Jones and Qanonsense.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
You'll have to ask him that question. He's already has more money than he and his family will ever need and no doubt has invested it wisely. Maybe he's not greedy.
Maybe it's his ego that's starved for popular affirmation by being an important nexus for populist affirmation.
As a self-described "trust fund kid", more money is just numbers, except for the insatiably greedy like TFG.
Old 04-25-2023, 10:03 AM

Looks like the latest Lord Haw Haw has outlived his usefulness for Fox News.
Cue up the next one.
Old 04-25-2023, 10:11 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The explosive news of Tucker Carlson’s firing from Fox News came as a surprise to many, including some of his biggest fans: propagandists who are shilling for the Kremlin on Russian state TV.

During Monday’s broadcast of The Evening With Vladimir Solovyov, state TV propagandists discussed the best ways for Russia to attack America on its own turf, citing internal divisions and conflicts as an opening that should be continually probed and exploited. This conversation naturally led to Russia’s favorite U.S. TV host, Tucker Carlson, whose contribution to deepening divisions and undermining faith in American institutions has been of unparalleled value to the Kremlin.

Americanist Dmitry Drobnitsky gasped: “Our beloved Tucker Carlson has been fired, it’s a disgrace!” Host Vladimir Solovyov chimed in: “It’s a total outrage!”...

Staring into the camera, Solovyov urged: “Tucker, come work with us! Solovyov Live is waiting for you, Tucker!” Earlier the same day, RT and Solovyov Live offered Carlson a job, on Twitter and Telegram respectively.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hyster...tucker-carlson
Old 04-25-2023, 10:26 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Thinking here that Tucker wanted to be fired in order to put Fox News in his rear view mirror.
Tucker had a long run and knew he could be fired at anytime because of his daring take on several issues.

Some years ago I thought he would be fired for his assertive counter view on Assad of Syria.

The guy has been on the edge for a long time. I guess possibly because he is rich enough to deal with whatever.

I believe he was fired because he went hard against Big Pharma and at the same time impughing the integrity of his boss.

Last edited by Dondilion; 04-25-2023 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:06 AM

Imo, He was fired because his liability exposure for Faux exceeded his ratings value.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:33 AM

https://news.yahoo.com/carlson-lemon...115859741.html

They were on very different networks and did very different things to draw very different ratings. But the synchronous exits of Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon fr...