Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Now you're talkin'!

New voices are always welcome here as far as I'm concerned. Most of the posters here try to remain cordial most of the time. However.... some do not succeed.
Hang around Sandy. Take some time here and you will find a pretty diverse set of posters. We appreciate your adding to the diversity.

Sounds like you might make it hard on some of us, because you can't be easily placed into a left/right slot.

Most of us don't bite, but you have to watch out for that JJIII. Did you see how ugly his picture is? Can't promise he won't bite.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post

My interests are Grand Opera and Shakespeare in all forms. I was married to a college professor of nuclear physics and never once understood a word he said. It gave me time to read.........
Welcome Sandy. I love Anna Moffo, and read Julius Caesar often. I once had a interest in atomic physics until I understood half life.

I sense that your posts will be interesting.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post

For years, I've been trying to figure out what turned off the American people and made them disinterested in our government plans? What made us declare a war on immigration? Could it be that our new residents are smarter and more interested in our schools than our lazy ass kids born here? Was it television?

I came here to discuss what is tearing down this nation.

If the answer from this forum comes down to a State/Government issued worship of God, then I will simply log off and go elsewhere.
No stay around a little while and get into some back and forth.

Some of my thoughts on the tearing down or as I sometimes call it " The Dumbing Down and Fattening Up of America are as follows,

The all volunteer military, with a draft these wars would of been over long ago. When every one is up to go at 18 you become political real fast, I know.

TV video games and the internet have all contributed to the younger generations failings. These pastimes are good in there place but are easy to abuse. Some parents use the above pastimes to occupy their kids from what I have seen. Rather then spending quality time with them.

Kids have been spoon fed their whole life's they will be someone special without working for it. Then some when out in the real world get a rude awaking and want or "need" to come back home.

I could go on and on.........

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 10-10-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
My

No stay around a little while and get into some back and forth.

Some of my thoughts on the tearing down or as I sometimes call it " The Dumbing Down and Fattening Up of America are as follows,

The all volunteer military, with a draft these wars would of been over long ago. When every one is up to go at 18 you become political real fast, I know.

TV video games and the internet have all contributed to the younger generations failings. These pastimes are good in there place but are easy to abuse. Some parents use the above pastimes to occupy their kids from what I have seen. Rather then spending quality time with them.

Kids have been spoon fed their whole life's they will be someone special without working for it. Then some when out in the real world get a rude awaking and want or "need" to come back home.

I could go on and on.........

Barney
My position on the draft varied depending on whether I was thinking as a dad or as a citizen. Never did buy into the transition from a search for WMD to "Operation Iraqi Freedom." I am relieved that the issue never became personal.

In our household, we banned TV and video games on school nights. After the initial whining, it wasn't that hard to enforce. I haven't seen any permanent scars from their having had a deprived childhood.

The boys also know that their former bedrooms have been turned into a guest room and a sewing room. Makes them study a little harder. They will be free to visit - even a longer term visit - but the stay will be in a guest room. I do believe that they appreciate the vote of confidence in their ability to take care of themselves.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-11-2011, 05:58 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post

The boys also know that their former bedrooms have been turned into a guest room and a sewing room. Makes them study a little harder. They will be free to visit - even a longer term visit - but the stay will be in a guest room. I do believe that they appreciate the vote of confidence in their ability to take care of themselves.

Regards,

D-Ray
There it is!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Jigsawed

Of note Sandy: Grand opera has a lot of friends with deep pockets. In these hard economic times, The Met has just taken donations of $182 million dollars.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Loyal Opposition

Although I have not developed a particular affinity for opera, I understand it to be a demanding and disciplined art form. Opera fans in Kansas City have just been treated to the opening of a world class opera house, the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Although I have not developed a particular affinity for opera, I understand it to be a demanding and disciplined art form. Opera fans in Kansas City have just been treated to the opening of a world class opera house, the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
Yea, that is a serious effort from the Fans in Kansas city. It has a slight resemblance to the famous house in Sydney.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Opera_House ) At least people somewhere are strenuosly engaged in efforts to entertain and uplift the human spirit.

Last edited by Dondilion; 10-12-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Resident octogenarian

Missed the bit about opera but being married to a lady who in her youth was a coleratura soprano they compared to Jenny Lind we appreciate bel canto here.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Yea, that is a serious effort from the Fans in Kansas city. It has a slight resemblance to the famous house in Sydney.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Opera_House ) At least people somewhere are strenuosly engaged in efforts to entertain and uplift the humane spirit.
The report from the musicians is that it is as close to acoustically perfect as possible. I wonder how Rage Against the Machine would sound in there.

Regards,

D-Ray