Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2018, 10:24 PM

Slippery Slope: What to do with mastering the 7 Habits?

Normally when I write about the slippery slope I write with the benefit of hindsight. This forum gives me a calm sandbox to write in and experiment with the simple contrast between the 7 Habits book and a recent book titled "Happy City".

The 7 Habits book is one that every living person knows. If you use an online calendar then you are in the 7 Habits sphere of influence give or take. Are you happy?

The Happy City book seems to knock together the heads of the 7 Habits graduates and ask them if they like what they built? The profound question of a happy city has survived my mind for thirty-some years after sitting on a roof at a MTU frat party during winter.

That night was all good and well until the girl that I dated gushed over a recent graduate that got a job at Martin-Marietta. He returned to MTU to party and jumped from hood to trunk to roof of cars in a parked row and smashed them all. He was a rocket scientist. Fuck balls.

I beg of the 7 Habits graduates - please work together to build a Happy City. Happy cities are closer to home than MTU.