Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Fox news draws people who believes in their crap.
Viewers seeking substance will search for it.
True. Anymore, I watch the "news" just to see what kind of stupidity and "truthiness" is being bandied about. Then I go searching for "facts" on my own. It's still hard, because the BS is everywhere. And, that's not a partisan thing, everyone is presenting BS as fact these days. There is no shame at all left in this world.

It truly is sad.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-25-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I don't believe that's what I said. Let me check... nope, that's not what I said. I'm pretty sure you can go back and read what I said too, so why do you intentionally twist people's words when anyone can go right back and see what the poster said?

My suggestion was that we dismantle the FCC, as it apparently isn't doing jack doodly squat. Then perhaps if we could get the GSA out of the nightclub, they could write a RFQ (full open bid, for U.S. based companies only) for a private contractor to patrol the spectrum and seek out bandits. You'd have hundreds of bidders, and could award several either regional or bandwidth divided contracts and then reward the best performers with additional territory.
I just think it makes more sense than paying people to do nothing.
I understand your point, however;

I still fail to see what makes a private contractor less corruptible than a public employee, seeing as how these private contractors are hired by public employees, (and politicians), and there is usually some kind of wheelin' and dealin' going on anyways.

We have had many a case of private contractors receiving special favor (Halliburton, for example.) and providing kickbacks to friendly politicians in the past to serve as precedent.

In otherwords, you can pay a public employee to do nothing, or you can pay him to hire a private contractor to do nothing. I witnessed this first hand during my time in the military. By the 1980s, the Navy had already turned over much of the depot level aircraft maintenance to private contractors-----Who did next to nothing and would raise hell if you asked for their help.

That's my own personal experience.

I suspect that use of private contractors only make the numbers look better, because an employee hired by a contractor does not show up as a direct expense on the government payroll. Yet the budget continues to expand anyways..........................

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-26-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Admin

Quote:
But then maybe you guys don't see the value in keeping emergency services frequencies clear of interference.
Your reading way too far into it. So, who is in charge? At this point you. Bring suit on the whole federal gubmint, don't forget to blame Obama. I'm sure you can download a customer satisfaction survey from the FCC but due to cutbacks and layoffs be prepared to wait.
They'll get back to ya in a decade
Old 05-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Admin

Quote:
"I don't believe that's what I said. Let me check... nope, that's not what I said. I'm pretty sure you can go back and read what I said too, so why do you intentionally twist people's words when anyone can go right back and see what the poster said?"

Don't get your knickers in an uproar, pal. It's a political forum and I can infer what I please. Sheesh, read some of your own recent posts.

"My suggestion was that we dismantle the FCC, as it apparently isn't doing jack doodly squat. Then perhaps if we could get the GSA out of the nightclub, they could write a RFQ (full open bid, for U.S. based companies only) for a private contractor to patrol the spectrum and seek out bandits. You'd have hundreds of bidders, and could award several either regional or bandwidth divided contracts and then reward the best performers with additional territory.
I just think it makes more sense than paying people to do nothing".
This sounds exactly like putting the fox in the henhouse. Let me infer a little more, if you don't mind. You're sounding like one who thinks that private industry is the answer to all of our problems. I disagree because that way has been proven time and again to be false.
The Massey Energy kerfuffle which cost 29 American lives comes to mind. Here's a link or are you one of those that thinks wiki articles are all bullshit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massey_Energy
If you have to ask "what does this have to do with the airwaves?" then I can infer once again that you aren't thinking things through and you're repeating out of your playbook. Wasn't it you that stated today that Ca. is a cesspool of liberals? Coming from you that is a compliment, doncha know?
Old 05-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
What's the difference between letting private industry run amok, and having a government agency that let's it run amok? I'll tell you the difference, a lot of wasted tax dollars, and nothing else.
Quote:
I don't believe that's what I said. Let me check... nope, that's not what I said. ?

Explain it to us dumb mugs,would you? Ipso facto dismantle the partially dismantled regulatory agency because they aren't doing their job to your standards? That's the machavellian line of bullcrap that really pisses off any halfway intelligent citizen IMO.

My suggestion was that we dismantle the FCC, as it apparently isn't doing jack doodly squat. I just think it makes more sense than paying people to do nothing.
Null conclusion with a titch of false equivalency.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Null conclusion with a titch of false equivalency.
Empty statement with a smudge of bong water.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
By the 1980s, the Navy had already turned over much of the depot level aircraft maintenance to private contractors-----Who did next to nothing and would raise hell if you asked for their help.
And yet the Navy planes continue to fly, weird.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Admin

Quote:
Empty statement with a smudge of bong water.
And the rest?What no comment? Can it be that you agree or are you leafing thru your talking points cliff notes, take your time. Ya know?
Old 05-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Area Man

Quote:
And yet the Navy planes continue to fly, weird.
They were flying before.