Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:05 PM

Well just never know do ya?

Last week I was in a back water thrift. Found a couple of boxes of albums. In the floor thinking new arrivals. Started going through them and pulling out some nice stuff. Sealed Beatles White Album (numbered) Sgt Peppers RAM Zepp IV to name a few.

The guy comes over and says they are sold! He's gone to get his car.

Now these are going for fifty cents a album and I see close to a hundred in the boxes. Quit and stood up, a little upset but hey that's how it goes. Right?

Well over the last week the urge to go back in and see has been strong. Twice before today I wanted to go back but alas did not.

Well today stopped in and what did I see..........

ALL OF THE ALBUMS WERE STILL THERE! Guy never came back to pick them up! Been a week and they are still there!

Timing timing timing .......

Bought twenty five might go back tomorrow. The rest were all common but all were in pristine condition.

Barney
Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Ready

Sometimes it's good to heed these intuitive impulses....

The guy wanted them for himself, but couldn't bring it off for some reason. Or he was saving them for a 'buddy' who turned out not to be interested....

Did you see that guy when you went back?
Old 05-01-2014, 08:11 PM

You have that special Karma going for you. Visit every thrift and buy, buy, buy.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:25 PM

It is a family run operation, Mom Pop & Son. The Son was the one who said they were spoken for. I think he was being honest, for there is a good walk in business in this neighborhood. Plus he has always been up front on other dealings.

To my advantage the boxes were at the counter by where the employees entered. Not were they are usually, out of sorts so to say.

This city is busy this week, Derby and all so for them to be still there and unmolested, yes I did buy lottery tickets after leaving today!

Barney
Old 05-01-2014, 08:28 PM

Good luck on the lottery 😄
Old 05-01-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Good luck on the lottery 😄
I do remember my friends too!

Barney
Old 05-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Area Man

When I bought my B&O turntable it was from a Craigslist ad. I went to this house and the woman brought out the turntable. While we were talking I noticed a box of albums sitting on the floor. She says, "Those are for sale too. $2 a piece or $60 for the whole box." So, I had a look. About 35-40 albums, many of them audiophile pressings, all in beautiful condition. I picked up Steely Dan, Poco, Christopher Cross, Supertramp, Wings, Fleetwood Mac, Heart and Gordon Lightfoot. I think it was fourteen albums in all. (The rest was a bunch of Disco crap and '70s country.)

The condition of the albums is what got me. Nearly perfect. She said her Dad would buy albums, record them onto "the big reel tape thingy" and file them away. Played only once.
She also said he had a lot more rock, but her brother kept those.

Dave
Old 05-01-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
When I bought my B&O turntable it was from a Craigslist ad. I went to this house and the woman brought out the turntable. While we were talking I noticed a box of albums sitting on the floor. She says, "Those are for sale too. $2 a piece or $60 for the whole box." So, I had a look. About 35-40 albums, many of them audiophile pressings, all in beautiful condition. I picked up Steely Dan, Poco, Christopher Cross, Supertramp, Wings, Fleetwood Mac, Heart and Gordon Lightfoot. I think it was fourteen albums in all. (The rest was a bunch of Disco crap and '70s country.)

The condition of the albums is what got me. Nearly perfect. She said her Dad would buy albums, record them onto "the big reel tape thingy" and file them away. Played only once.
She also said he had a lot more rock, but her brother kept those.

Dave
Back a few months ago I was at a house buying some amplifiers and asked if there were any records? Bought a box of at least a hundred Punk albums, I mean stuff like the Sex Pistols, The Cure, some I never heard of. She was a punker from way back. A real Siouxsie and the Banshees back in the day, for the pictures she shown me!

Ahhhh, Susan!

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 05-01-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Back a few months ago I was at a house buying some amplifiers and asked if there were any records? Bought a box of at least a hundred Punk albums, I mean stuff like the Sex Pistols, The Cure, some I never heard of. She was a punker from way back. A real Siouxsie and the Banshees back in the day, for the pictures she shown me!

Ahhhh, Susan!

Barney
I saw one of those at the laundromat a month back. Seeing an anorexic 55-60 year old woman sporting an orange Mohawk, black eye liner and a ring through her nose, wearing a leather jacket is actually pretty pathetic. I felt like walking past her and whispering; "Let it go already.".....

Know what I mean, Barney?

Dave
Old 05-01-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I saw one of those at the laundromat a month back. Seeing an anorexic 55-60 year old woman sporting an orange Mohawk, black eye liner and a ring through her nose, wearing a leather jacket is actually pretty pathetic. I felt like walking past her and whispering; "Let it go already.".....

Know what I mean, Barney?

Dave

Ha Ha, !!

She was still with it! Not at all burned out. Some got it and moved on.

Barney