Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Hate to break it to you, but if anyone marched down there yesterday, no one noticed. My wife and kids were right up the street yesterday at the Science Center and didn't report seeing anything unusual and parking / navigation was apparently not an issue.
The march in Detroit was Saturday not yesterday. Oops.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Resident octogenarian

The only agenda that I have is a fond hope that the climate will be a livable one for my granddaughters. This has been the hottest April on record and I hardly think that the weather has been a normal average of late YMMV. I do know that they will have to leave Florida while it is still above water. Parts of Miami Beach are already flooding at high tide. Fortunately they are in West Palm Beach

Be kind to our Earth it is not Uranus

Last edited by merrylander; 05-01-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Those who invest themselves in bashing science for politics sake are the lunatic fringe.
Fixed that for you.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Ready

Quote:
Thank you. I also love posters like you who tell me to go fuck myself when I voice an opinion. So, spare me your whiney comments, snowflake.
You were told to go fuck yourself, of course, not because you expressed an opinion. You are perfectly aware of this. You are just affecting a pose of an innocent victim. Striking a pose in insincere and dishonest. If you spoke more honestly more often, you might get along with people better.

Now, under what theory of motivation would I decide to spare you anything? Because you ask me to?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Especially when they're spouted ad nauseum by liberals with an agenda. You know the type.
Facts are an "agenda"??
Old 05-02-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, but if anyone marched down there yesterday, no one noticed. My wife and kids were right up the street yesterday at the Science Center and didn't report seeing anything unusual and parking / navigation was apparently not an issue.
Liar, folks like you don't GO to science centers. You don't believe in science remember?
Old 05-02-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Liar, folks like you don't GO to science centers. You don't believe in science remember?
"folks like me", huh? You make this shit up as you go, dontcha Potty?
Old 05-02-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Facts are an "agenda"??
When speaking to climate change "true believers", I'm sometimes reminded of the movie "Miracle on 34th Street". You know, the movie where everyone knows that the premise that there is a Santa Clause is BS, but during the trial the defense is bailed out because the Post Office decides to send letters that kids wrote to Santa to the courthouse. The judge rules that there must be a Santa Clause because the letters being forwarded by the USPS were "proof enough."

That's about the same quality of the "facts" that support the climate change argument. That, plus ample evidence that folks involved in spreading this propaganda are known to fudge that data.

But you go ahead and believe in Santa if you want.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
You were told to go fuck yourself, of course, not because you expressed an opinion. You are perfectly aware of this. You are just affecting a pose of an innocent victim. Striking a pose in insincere and dishonest. If you spoke more honestly more often, you might get along with people better.

Now, under what theory of motivation would I decide to spare you anything? Because you ask me to?
Ah, so it was a"qualified" expression of "go fuck yourself." Sorry if I didn't read all that nuance into it when you to me to "go fuck yourself". Next time, I'll try to read your "go fuck yourself" messages a bit more carefully.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
When speaking to climate change "true believers", I'm sometimes reminded of the movie "Miracle on 34th Street". You know, the movie where everyone knows that the premise that there is a Santa Clause is BS, but during the trial the defense is bailed out because the Post Office decides to send letters that kids wrote to Santa to the courthouse. The judge rules that there must be a Santa Clause because the letters being forwarded by the USPS were "proof enough."

That's about the same quality of the "facts" that support the climate change argument. That, plus ample evidence that folks involved in spreading this propaganda are known to fudge that data.

But you go ahead and believe in Santa if you want.
Wow, you're truly a nutjob, aren't you? Looks like Lyin' Trump hasn't gotten around to shutting down the facts on NASA's climate site yet. The consensus of virtually all real climate scientists worldwide is without doubt, no matter what Fox "News" may tell you.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/