Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The House passed a stop-gap extension today. It's designed to keep the existing benefits in effect for a further month whole the Congress debates a new bill. There was also a COBRA subsidy of some kind in it.

It was passed on a voice vote so we don't really know who voted for or against it.

The measure is in the Senate now. We'll see.

There was a previous extension as part of the Stimulus bill and again in November.

John
The Senate tried to pass the Unemployment Extension all fucking night but Jim Bunning has placed a hold on the measure. "Tough shit!" was his response. Same thing when the Senate tried again today.

He was pissed off because being on the floor caused him to miss a baseball game between Kentucky & South Carolina.

After all that has happened, why do working people still think the Republicans give a shit about them?

John
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The Senate tried to pass the Unemployment Extension all fucking night but Jim Bunning has placed a hold on the measure. "Tough shit!" was his response. Same thing when the Senate tried again today.

He was pissed off because being on the floor caused him to miss a baseball game between Kentucky & South Carolina.

After all that has happened, why do working people still think the Republicans give a shit about them?

John

Funny and the dems care about the working class how ? Oh yeah to fund everyone of their charity projects...
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Area Man

Quote:

John
Because they're such nice people, John.

Dave
Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
For many its set to expire this Sunday in Michigan. Will or should they extend it ? Whats your thoughts.

Grumpy
Well I guess we got our answer on whether they will. State of AZ pays a maximum of $250 per week minus taxes but for those out of work I'm sure it was a very important 180 net dollars.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Resident octogenarian

Unemployment is never enough to do much more than put food on the table, only a barking idiot like Kyl would believe it is a dis-incentive to look for work. If brains were gunpowder that lot on the republican side of the senate would have trouble tipping their hats.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:51 PM

Kyl may be politically tone deaf, but he does have a point.

Sorry,

Chas
Old 04-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Resident octogenarian

Yeah but if he wears a hat no one will notice.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:31 PM

Aww, shit ! Good 'Un, Rob...
Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM

That was a snappy retort.

I tip my "hat" to you, Sir.

Chas
Old 04-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Resident octogenarian

Actually I think TD used it in an earlier thread.

In all seriousness I admit that someone can find an individual who is content to live off unemplyment but they are the rare bird. As long as you own nothning, no house, no car, you might scrape by assuming someone will let you live somewhere rent free. But for the average worker, at least all the ones I know, to say unemployment is a dis-incentive to look for work is to have lost touch with reality. Over twenty years back when we were renting the place went for $800 a month and it was no palace. Now they are well into four figures.