Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Typical right-wingjob specious crap. First of all...we control if not outlaw all sorts of substances that are poisonous or harmful to humans. That certain substances taste good, or make something else taste good, is a piss poor reason for not controlling them. Why do we even mention any of this in a discussion about seat belts? Because it's specious right-wingjob crap.

Operating a motor vehicle is licensed by the state. When one is licensed by the state to operate a motor vehicle, or operate aircraft, or operate a restaurant, or operate a legal services company, or operate a mental health agency, or a hospital or a day care center...there are rules and regulations that must be followed. If you don't, you risk loss of your license to operate.

Don't like the rules and regs for operating your mental health facility? Go complain to the state department of professional regulation.

Don't like the rules and regs for operating your motor vehicle? Go complain to the state department of motor vehicles. Tell them if they want to make you wear a seatbelt that next they can tell you to stop eating trans fats.

And prepare to be patted on your pointy little head and sent on your way.
I agree with you about the rules of having a license and having to obey those said rules. I would probably get shown the door if I were to go down to my local motor vehicle office and complain about the seat belt law. As I've already said, I wear my seatbelt without complaint.
You have to remember, that this whole thread started from someone posting a link about a state considering revoking their seatbelt law. I voiced my opinion that I was in favor of it. I am not all in favor of it, that I would go down to my local office and complain. However if someone else was wanting to and asked me to sign a petition or something like that, I would. I would still probably wear my seatbelt even if the laws were dropped.