Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Interesting that 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ...'

Pete
Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Area Man

This says it all.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWAC5ZMKeM

".......I can simply slip a con-dom on my John Thomas......"
Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 AM

This has now blown up because Archbishop Timothy Dolan had meetings with Obama a year ago and in those meetings was personally assured by Obama that the provision to require catholic universities and charities to provide free (covered) birth control would "go away". Then he went and announced recently that the provisions would indeed be enforced but the institutions in question would have a year to comply (this was Obama's supposed bone throw to the church on this). So now Archbishop Dolan (who is slated to soon become a Cardinal) is claiming that Obama told him a bald faced lie.

At last count 41 catholic institutions have filed lawsuits.

Sleaziest president ever.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Interesting that 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ...'

Pete
I agree. The government should be ever vigilant to prohibit the intertwining of church and state.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
This has now blown up because Archbishop Timothy Dolan had meetings with Obama a year ago and in those meetings was personally assured by Obama that the provision to require catholic universities and charities to provide free (covered) birth control would "go away". Then he went and announced recently that the provisions would indeed be enforced but the institutions in question would have a year to comply (this was Obama's supposed bone throw to the church on this). So now Archbishop Dolan (who is slated to soon become a Cardinal) is claiming that Obama told him a bald faced lie.

I would have lied to the silly pointy hat man too. Actually, no I wouldn't have. I would have been honest to a fault----I would have told him straight up, that the opinion of a fairytale salesman means nothing to me.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Interesting thing about the Catholic church - one is not required to join it, and one is not required to work for it.

Pete
Or once in are not required to stay, and given their behaviour precisely why my wife said goodbye.

Between the nuns and child molestation she had more than enough.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post

Even if Dolan told me that it was raining outside (and it is) I would still have to look for myself. Hey if the Vatican wants to blow a fortune on silly lawsuits how come tthey can't pay up to all those guys who were molested as children? It is not as if they do not have enough in the vault.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:10 AM

Are not some of these Catholic instituitons taking federal funding?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Even if Dolan told me that it was raining outside (and it is) I would still have to look for myself.

Not sure of the basis for that, but you've indeed described the way much of the country feels about Obama (and they have pretty good reason for doing so).
Old 05-22-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Are not some of these Catholic instituitons taking federal funding?
They've also been providing a lot of free health care forever.