Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Nope. They don't sting a little...They sting A LOT ! The Nifty Fifty S&W, at least now they load it in a "50 Special", which is like a .38 special is to a .357. Still its about like touching off a mild-load .44 Maggie...And I've just always liked the heavy-duty military hardware, like .308s...Still kicking myself, there was a Belgian FAL w/200 rounds of Lake City, & 20 clips, all as new, in Louisville, KY back in '89 for $700 for the whole mess...Nowadays, that would set you back $2500, anyway. Man, that gun did some serious talkin' to me...I was datin' this gal, she was with me & got her drawers all in a wad over it, so I passed, but shoulda called my buddy who was there & lived in Louisville, after we got back here & Sweet Thaing went home, to go back & get it for me...
I know a guy who works at the local hardware store, has a .50 S&W. He loads it the same way.

Never shot much over .357's, .45's, but the nastiest handgun I ever shot was a .44 mag Ruger single action with Patchmeyer grips. 240 gr full house loads, I don't know why Patchmeyer grips are so beloved, give me Hogue grips and day. That fukker burned my paw, wouldn't would have wanted to do much target shooting with that combo.

But I'm a pussy, recoil don't suit me too much. Like my .22's, or my .17 HMR.

Chas
Old 09-27-2009, 05:44 PM

I tamed my Super Blackhawk .44 down with a Laser port job and big rubber grips. It's got a 10.5 inch barrel and SS scope too, so it's heavy enough that it don't bite too bad. Still, about 6 rounds does it for me these days.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Not me man,you are the reasonable voice of the right here.
Thank you Noon, most people who know me think that I'm crazier than a shithouse rat.

But they're mainly Democrats, libs, (my old buddies), and a couple or three conservatives.

Not that they think I'm stupid, but they realize that I can be a loose cannon on deck, both it thought and action. Had more than one tell me "Don't do that", which is pretty much like pouring gasoline on a fire. And like one told me, after I'd fucked up big time, and felt kind of lousy about it, "It's not like you beat up the local minister".

That said and done, I apoloqized to the local sheriff, who was of no notion of arresting me for thumping a thief.

But I still have the reputation of being a glass rod under stress. I'm 56 yrs old, and I've only punched three or four men in the mouth since I got out of high school. And considering that two times I was fighting multiable opponents at the same time and had no choice but to strike 1st, and left with a fractured kneecap during one encounter, perhaps you can appreciate my desire to carry a Gerber and a S&W at times.

Round here, they used to call two on one "nigger fun", but it was always the white pricks who pulled it on me. White niggers, black niggers, red niggers...what's the difference...it's still "nigger" fun. A nigger is not defined by the color of his skin. Like I said before, I'll call 'em a motherless cocksucker...don't want anyone to think that I hate 'em for the color of their skin...I want 'em to know that I hate 'em for who they are.

Please excuse me for being so coarse...It's my nature. Being a perckerwood from Missouri and all.

Chas
Old 09-27-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
I'm just pullin' your chain. Ya'll started sounding mighty "Amurikan" there for a minute. I could just hear Jeremy Clarkson asking how many people you've murdered because he just knows that all Americans have guns and murder from time to time.

I have no doubt. I have a friend back in Nor Cal (almost Berkeley even) who restores and enjoys old guns the way I like old cars. My wife was an expert marksman when she was in the National Guard. She'd like to go shooting again, and I wouldn't mind trying my hand. But neither of us want a gun in the house. I'm sure there are places that have guns we could shoot. I should look into it again.

Take care,

Ed
Oh, absotively you should try it again ! Shooting is, I think, a noble sport-You DON'T need to be a Charles Atlas type to do it, men & women are pretty well evenly matched-if anything, womens MIGHT have an edge, because women typically have a bit better hand-to-eye coordination than we do, & an older fella doesn't necessarily need to get bested by some young Turk...A S&W Model 41 is a VERY good pistol to shoot-They used to shoot 'em out of the box in matches...Another one is a S&W Model 52-it shoots 38 special wadcutters, doesn't kick, isn't too loud, & it just "Fits' yr hand so well...Ruger's .22 pistol is every bit as good, too, the only thing I don't like about them is they are notoriously difficult to strip & reassemble for cleaning. But target shooting is BIG fun-And need not be more involved than a few Coke cans, a box or 2 of .22s-a buck apiece at Wally World, & a fencepost on which to sit said can-and you're all set...
Old 09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Thank you Noon, most people who know me think that I'm crazier than a shithouse rat.

But they're mainly Democrats, libs, (my old buddies), and a couple or three conservatives.

Not that they think I'm stupid, but they realize that I can be a loose cannon on deck, both it thought and action. Had more than one tell me "Don't do that", which is pretty much like pouring gasoline on a fire. And like one told me, after I'd fucked up big time, and felt kind of lousy about it, "It's not like you beat up the local minister".

That said and done, I apoloqized to the local sheriff, who was of no notion of arresting me for thumping a thief.

But I still have the reputation of being a glass rod under stress. I'm 56 yrs old, and I've only punched three or four men in the mouth since I got out of high school. And considering that two times I was fighting multiable opponents at the same time and had no choice but to strike 1st, and left with a fractured kneecap during one encounter, perhaps you can appreciate my desire to carry a Gerber and a S&W at times.

Round here, they used to call two on one "nigger fun", but it was always the white pricks who pulled it on me. White niggers, black niggers, red niggers...what's the difference...it's still "nigger" fun. A nigger is not defined by the color of his skin. Like I said before, I'll call 'em a motherless cocksucker...don't want anyone to think that I hate 'em for the color of their skin...I want 'em to know that I hate 'em for who they are.

Please excuse me for being so coarse...It's my nature. Being a perckerwood from Missouri and all.

Chas
oh
Old 09-27-2009, 08:36 PM

Another Shooting Story, & I'll hush about it, for awhile, anyway...There was this little girl, Jackie, whose daddy was my sister's horse trainer. She was at the farm one day, her daddy & my sister were working to get ready to go to a show. Jackie was kinda left to her own devices/foisted off on me. She was also at that "Extremely Obnoxious" age, somewhere between boys 'n' Barbies, & posessed of a whiny voice & manner that kinda made you wanna Pinch her Head Off. I was playing w/one of my rifles, Jackie's voice hit Mach 10, & I says "Jackie, come here." I had a Chipmunk rifle, which was a child-sized single-shot .22, I put a Coke can up on a fencepost, & kinda gave her a little "Dual" in how to shoot. Well, she caught on pretty quick, ker-plinked the Coke can off the post, & squealed w/delight. Big Fun. Found another can, maybe a gallon jug, filled it up w/water, she shot it, & Oh, Boy!! Instant Miami Vice explosion-Even if it was just water...Still, water & milk jug flew all over everywhere, & Jackie had an Extremely Large Time. I had fun showin' her how to do it, & kept her away from Mary Lou & her dad-and getting in their hair. All in all, an extremely pleasurable afternoon-One I've remembered fondly for, I guess, 25 years now...THAT'S what shootin' is all about, for me, anyway-Bringing a big smile to a child's face. Don't tell anyone, I gots a Reputation to uphold 'n' all, but when it comes to kids-especially little girls-I'm nothin' but a big ol' Teddy Bear, a softie, a push-over. Just ask Bethany...
Old 09-27-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I wish they would just cut through the crap and come get our guns.

They'd relax on gun control if alot of sheriff's would listen, and unleash their power on Washinton. If two sheriff's made a difference, just think what a nation full of them could get done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJgP...layer_embedded
Old 09-27-2009, 10:35 PM

What gun control legislation are we fighting exactly? Is there something I don't know about?
Old 09-27-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
What gun control legislation are we fighting exactly? Is there something I don't know about?

Yes, they screwin' with TN's guns now. TN has history so it's no surprise how TN folks are feelin'. About all I'll say though. I'd hate to get a time out.

Last edited by hillbilly; 09-28-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:24 AM

Are you talking about this nonsense?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...trumps-states/