Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:01 PM

'Cause what The Wookie says doesn't matter...That was kinda mean, wasn't it ? (grin)
Old 10-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
No offense, but Obama would have never gone to Harvard, or ran for president if he were white. He would have been just another white schmuck.

Chas
How does one go from being just another white schmuck to one of the drivers of the power structure, which remains largely dominated by whites. I doubt that Obama got into Harvard without having top flight academic credentials; I doubt that his race resulted in his being able to master the difficult cirriculum in order to graduate from Harvard Law; I doubt that he was elected to be president of the Harvard Law Review becaue he is African American; and I doubt that his race has anything to do with his abilty to put more than three sentences together without butchering the english language. I think that in the '08 political climate, even John Kerry could have beaten the republicans.

Obama's success in the general election had more than anything to do with his being a democrat. I do believe, however, that as an African American, he had to have outstanding credentials and charisma to even get the nomination. I think that most voters perceived Obama as one of the most intelligent people around, and that perception allowed many to get past his race. He won because, despite his race, voters recognized him as a uniquiely talented individual who had the intelligence to deal with the difficult issues challenging the country.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I think that most voters perceived Obama as one of the most intelligent people around, and that perception allowed many to get past his race. He won because, despite his race, voters recognized him as a uniquiely talented individual who had the intelligence to deal with the difficult issues challenging the country.

Regards,

D-Ray

Man, I bet them folks are pissed.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Man, I bet them folks are pissed.
In the long run, the ones who are going to be pissed off are those "patriots" who do everything they can to see the President of the United States fail.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 PM

Is this what you call a pissin' contest?

Chas
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Is this what you call a pissin' contest?

Chas
Two guys on the bank, pissin' in a stream; one of 'em says "man that water's cold" and the other one says "it's deep too." That's a pissin' contest.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-17-2009, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Obama's success in the general election had more than anything to do with his being a democrat. I do believe, however, that as an African American, he had to have outstanding credentials and charisma to even get the nomination. I think that most voters perceived Obama as one of the most intelligent people around, and that perception allowed many to get past his race. He won because, despite his race, voters recognized him as a uniquiely talented individual who had the intelligence to deal with the difficult issues challenging the country.

Regards,

D-Ray
I'll give on the bit about him putting his pre written lines together in front of a camera and being educated but other then that he is a lying, POS politician with his own agenda just like all the rest.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Two guys on the bank, pissin' in a stream; one of 'em says "man that water's cold" and the other one says "it's deep too." That's a pissin' contest.

Regards,

D-Ray
A pissin' contest is when you and your buddies drink way to much beer, drive to a bridge that spans the deepest ravine in Vermont and see who can keep pissin' off the bridge the longest.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
In the long run, the ones who are going to be pissed off are those "patriots" who do everything they can to see the President of the United States fail.

Regards,

D-Ray
I don't think so. I think the "American" people have finally figured out what this guy is all about, and they don't want any part of it. Believe it or not, Acorn and SEIU don't share the views and desires of mainstream America. I think that is becoming very obvious to anyone who is watching. When is the last time you saw a President of the United States trade "slams" with a talk show host. I would have thought that Pelosi and Harry would have coached the lad a little better.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Quote:
I don't think so. I think the "American" people have finally figured out what this guy is all about, and they don't want any part of it. Believe it or not, Acorn and SEIU don't share the views and desires of mainstream America.

What is "main stream America?"

I have ahunch that your definition and mine and a guy from an urban area would be different.

I think that is becoming very obvious to anyone who is watching. When is the last time you saw a President of the United States trade "slams" with a talk show host.
Every President in my lifetime starting with Nixon.

I guess you prefer a Presidential wannabe trading personal slams in the national press with an 18 year old.
I think you suffer from selective hearing.