Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I will echo TWODOGS. Silence will fix nothing.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I would ask that you please re-consider. I understand that you have been treated poorly, but you must realize that these times we are living in have people scared, and acting in ways that they normally would not. I was once nearly "bullied" off another forum that I frequent, but as I was writing a note to send to the many friends I had made there, it dawned on me. I'm not there for that bully anyway. On the contrary, I'm there for my friends, and to gain knowledge, and to pass that knowledge along to the newbies. When I first started posting here, there wasn't a lot going on, but I found myself coming back to see what certain people had written. I always looked for your posts first, and this place will be the poorer if those posts are gone. Don't leave because of the honery folks Painter, stay because of the good ones.
Well put, my friend. I've been there.

Chas
Old 08-12-2009, 06:52 PM

Nobody needs to leave...This is a big tent, I think we got room for EVERYBODY here...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:55 PM

C'mon painter... things were just getting good!

Erin
Old 08-12-2009, 07:18 PM

See there Painter? Friends, just like I was saying.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:05 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
One more thing...

You just called people who will protest on Washington...NUT CASES!

A few things about these protesters

1) We just completed an election process and voted for a leader to lead.
Nothing wrong with protest but when protest is started the same day as a new leader is sworn in it makes me feel that the process was never respected and that is a much bigger problem.
2) The protests are being organized and coerced by media and political party. They are not naturally rising from the electorate as is healthy. This coupled with the Rove Doctrine of "just flat out lie" enough and people will believe you will led to instability and will undermine our constitution.
3) I see so many scared folks who have benefited from the types of policies being protested protesting and scared now. This is an artificial fear which has become the chief rallying tool of what was once a proud political party.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
A few things about these protesters

2) The protests are being organized and coerced by media and political party.
I personally don't believe that one for one second. It's one thing to see people "protesting", but when I see these protesters on TV or YouTube, I'm looking at their faces and what I see is real fear and anger. America simply doesn't have all that many great actors who can play roles like that. My parents are examples of people who are scared, and if our rep came to a townhall meeting you can bet that my folks would be screaming just as loud as anyone else.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
I personally don't believe that one for one second. It's one thing to see people "protesting", but when I see these protesters on TV or YouTube, I'm looking at their faces and what I see is real fear and anger. America simply doesn't have all that many great actors who can play roles like that. My parents are examples of people who are scared, and if our rep came to a townhall meeting you can bet that my folks would be screaming just as loud as anyone else.
I understand that these individual protesters are sincere, my comment spoke to the cause of their fear. Think about it. Do your parents have any complains with Medicare?
If not why would they be so scared of the proposed health care plan.

I think it is alittle naive to not think Fox and the GOP are not purposely causing this fear.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:09 PM

I also think it naive on your part to believe it's merely a couple television shows doing this and not a real interest by the people.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Abby Normal

It's allot more than a few television shows inciting these well meaning and scared folks.

I guess we just have to disagree.