Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Abby Normal

The con response:

They placed them on camels and caravaned them to Syria.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM

Well, they did fly their Migs to Iran during the 1st Gulf War...least the one's that didn't get shot down.

Chas
Old 08-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Abby Normal

To tell the truth, it would not surprise me if indeed what they did have of chemical weapons did find there way to Syria before the Bush assault.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckworkb View Post
Where the heck did they hide those damn weapons of mass destruction? I know they're here some where.
One of the sites that 'intelligence' had designated turned out to be a warehouse full of vacuum cleaners. Do you suppose they planned to sneak in at night and suck our brains out?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Tell you what folks, you can pull out every over opinionated dip shit reporter that you can find, but I still thing that Shrub isn't the dolt that a lot of people would like to think.

And that is my honest opinion,

Chas
I agree. My mom always said "there's different kinds of smart". She was so right. I got one kind. At least I think I do. GW had at least one kind in spades. Amazing in his ability to motivate people and move agenda forward. And *that* is what politics is. He was a great politician. He got things to happen. That is the job. Believe what you believe and work to move the country in the direction you think is right. For all the talk, this is I think, exactly what he did. And he did it very well.

But back to the different kinds of smart- I really do think, though I may be wrong, that GW is a "true believer". It may be an act to get a vote, but I don't think so. I think he is some brand of literal interp Bible Christian. And it would not surprise me at all to find that he sees himself as a character in a biblical passion play. Even if you are a supporter, you have to agree he is somewhat dilusional.

So, who knows? I didn't hear him say it. But I do think it could be.

Eh- it is what it is and we are where we are. Thing to do now is look at the situation we have and try our best to move forward. I like the guy making the calls now at leat 50% better than the last guy. But only because we seem to come up with the same answers more often than I did with the last guy.

Take care,

Ed
Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
To tell the truth, it would not surprise me if indeed what they did have of chemical weapons did find there way to Syria before the Bush assault.
Yeah, probably. At least what was left after a bunch was burned up on the Kurds and on Iran.