Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:03 PM

I like Biden. His "gaffes" are what he's thinking. And may be even truthful. Why couldn't he have run for president?

And I had read just once (for some reason) an excellent five word assessment of Sarah Palin: George Bush in a skirt.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:30 PM

Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
I like Biden. His "gaffes" are what he's thinking. And may be even truthful. Why couldn't he have run for president?

And I had read just once (for some reason) an excellent five word assessment of Sarah Palin: George Bush in a skirt.
Personally, I would have said "George Bush with tits".

Maybe that's why I kind of like her,

Chas
Old 07-01-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Why not question an American who voted for Obama?

Ok...here goes...

Subject: Fwd: Why I Voted Democrat [I really didn't but somebody did]

I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.

I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't obscene.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves.. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters..

I voted democrat because I'm sure that Left-Wing Educators have better influence on my Children's outlook on life than Parents.

I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my rear that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another personal point of view.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
It was really quite simple, faced with an old man approaching senility along with his trailertrash running mate or two intelligent guys I really did not have to agonize over my vote.
Nice
Old 07-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well like it or not we had just been through eight years of an unmitigated disaster of an administration. If that was not enough there were over 4000 damn good reasons for voting them out.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Administrator

I did not like any of them but Obama is seriously running this country into a hole bigger then any we have ever seen. All in the name of bettering it.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:01 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I couldn't have said it better than "Painter" did.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I did not like any of them but Obama is seriously running this country into a hole bigger then any we have ever seen. All in the name of bettering it.
and just think, it's only been 6 months
Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

I'm wondering if we will still call the Fourth of July Independence Day next year. You know...
Public and private events celebrating the history, government, and TRADITIONS of the United States. Independence Day is the national day of the United States. Something to think about.
A woman I know spent time in a concentration camp. She said we must be crazy not to see the signs of oppression. I guess she's right.

Last edited by painter; 07-02-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
I'm wondering if we will still call the Fourth of July Independence Day next year. You know...
Public and private events celebrating the history, government, and TRADITIONS of the United States. Independence Day is the national day of the United States. Something to think about.
A woman I know spent time in a concentration camp. She said we must be crazy not to see the signs of oppression. I guess she's right.
Seems like a gross over reaction to a swing in political direction.
That being said,
I hope I am right because I know of no American that pays attention to policy that is not concerned about the debt being accumulated.
Myself I believe health care is very, very long overdo. We should have led the world in this as we have with so much. Unfortunately,
I don't know if this is the time to do it.
I'd like to see Bush imprisoned for putting us in a place where our economy might not be ready for it now that we have the political will.