Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2010, 10:09 AM

The Remains of a Woman's Life...

(This Un's gonna be long, so bear w/me...)
Most of y'all know about my "little Girlfriend", Bethany, the daughter I never had...Well, guess I shouldn't call her "My Little Girlfriend" anymore, as she's now someone's wife...Yeah, last year, her mother, Marcie, moved in w/this woman who was dying w/terminal cancer, to take care of her. Marcie & one of her kids, Jess, got to live there free. Bethany was living in hell w/her father...But that's a story for another day. Anyhow, Nancy, the dying woman had a son, Cory, who is 20, & he & Bethany, then 17, soon became an Item right after she met him at Thanksgiving. Nancy died at Christmas, Cory asks Bethany to marry him, she says yes, & about a month ago, she turned 18 on a Tuesday, & married Cory that Thursday... Needless to say, all this was quite sudden. She WASN'T preggers, either, thank the Lord for THAT much...We all kinda wanted her to wait...I told her to go stay w/him for awhile & see what he was like after he quit being on his best behavior w/her... But she would have nothing to do w/that. We DID however, feel a lot better when he came in from Ft. Stewart one weekend & we got to meet him. Big boy, seems to have his head screwed on relatively straight for a 20-yr-old, & he & Miss Priss ARE "Crazy-Go-Nuts" over each other. Anyhow, they had to get Nancy's house vacated, Cory & Bethany got a storage shed & they moved a lot of her stuff in there. Bethany came home last week-Her sister had a Baby Shower, & she took The Mighty Valdez & moved some more stuff, but the big items she left. Well, Kim, her aunt, Lauriann & I finished things up..Along w/Kim's son & another boy. I never met Nancy, I wished I had, but after boxing up her "stuff" I feel like I kinda do...And it WAS kinda weird going thru a person's stuff, someone you never met, boxing up her LIFE like that, & tossing it in my garage, 'cause Bethany forgot to bring home the key to the storage shed...She's SUPPOSEDLY gonna come home for Graduation & "go thru" all the knick-knacks to see what she wants to keep & then I guess we'll "Yard-Sale" the rest...99.9% of it was stuff I would never have brought home in the 1st place, but then a woman would have no use whatsoever for umpteen bigazz Tooob radios & TVs, not to mention my arsenal...I kinda felt Nancy might have been watching, & if she was, I hope she understood...Cory had no family beyond her, his dad died several years back, I think he has some distant cousins, but thats it. Bethany's extended family is pretty big, I hope he'll come to accept us. By the bye, Marcie & her new boyfriend, never showed their faces to help, pretty typical for her, & of course, Randy, Bethany's sperm-donor, wasn't there either...But the people who really care for her were...And Cory or no Cory, she'll ALWAYS be My Little Girlfriend, the longest day I live...I think she kinda knows that...