Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Area Man

I just have to ask......

For those among us, who just seem hellbent to find some excuse to start another civil war, do you really think it's necessary? Huh? Is your life really all that terrible? Are you really THAT oppressed?

Because, I gotta tell you, I've seen a big chunk of this world. I've seen REAL oppresssion. See all of those people in North Korea acting like their upset over Kim Jong Il s death?

They're faking it.

Why?

Because they are afraid they will be SHOT, if they don't look sad enough.

(Rant on)

And you whiney little brats sit in front of your computers, in your $200k + homes and bitch about how horribly abused and oppressed you are?

Why? What is so horrible about America? If anything, we've been treated too goddamn good. Look at us, a bunch of fat slobs sitting around in our Snuggies, stuffing hamburgers down our throats as we put in our five hours a day in front of the idiot box, absorbing a bunch of alarmist and propagandistic silliness on FauxNews. WTF? Get real.

If you think you're experiencing "tyranny" here in the U.S., you need to have your head examined.

Now, this country has problems, this is true. And, I've got news for you, Sunshine---It always has. ALWAYS. Even from the idyllic days when the much deified "Founders" were laying forth "infallible" tomes and shitting gold nuggets up to the current day and every single day in between.

We will overcome the current economic issues. And when we do, it WON'T be because of a bunch of redfaced nutcases with teabags glued all over their foreheads upsetting the entire applecart because they think they have a constitutional right to kill themselves by shovelling "freedom fries" down their gullets, or driving while texting/reading the newspaper/striking gold and silver coinage/ or whatever.

Trust me, there are some damn fine countries out there.

But none I'd rather live in than this one.

At least not yet.

You idiots start shooting, I'm outta here.

And you can burn in your own hell.

(Rant off.)

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-01-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:22 PM

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

Chas
Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Who pissed in your cornflakes?

Chas
Just in one of those moods tonight. Plus I was halfway through a twelve pack and feelin' a little cocky. I've had a nap since then, so I'm in a better mood now. Even thought about deleting the thread. But, decided to let it ride and see what kind of reaction it draws. What the hell, it could be fun.

Dave
Old 01-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Resident octogenarian

Woke up at 4:30 AM and lay there thinking about life in general. Came downstairs at 6:00 and put the coffe on. Then I went out on the porch expecting to find Missy dead. She showed up last night with her face all bloody but would not let me get near her. To my surprise she was still alive, had cleaned up her face some and drank some water, then climbed back iin her camper.

Mouser, the black and whiite has been gone four weeks and I am quite sure one of the bitches next door has killed him. Thhey have been doing summat else as the other cats have not been eating and we rarely see them. Frankly lying there and wondering why people get so vile over five small cats made me feel we should sell out and move north. Living here surrounded by f**king mean and miserable Republicans it is hardly worth going outside. I know they all are GOP from the lawn signs in 2008.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Woke up at 4:30 AM and lay there thinking about life in general. Came downstairs at 6:00 and put the coffe on. Then I went out on the porch expecting to find Missy dead. She showed up last night with her face all bloody but would not let me get near her. To my surprise she was still alive, had cleaned up her face some and drank some water, then climbed back iin her camper.

Mouser, the black and whiite has been gone four weeks and I am quite sure one of the bitches next door has killed him. Thhey have been doing summat else as the other cats have not been eating and we rarely see them. Frankly lying there and wondering why people get so vile over five small cats made me feel we should sell out and move north. Living here surrounded by f**king mean and miserable Republicans it is hardly worth going outside. I know they all are GOP from the lawn signs in 2008.
So sorry to hear about your critters.

Chas
Old 01-02-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Just in one of those moods tonight. Plus I was halfway through a twelve pack and feelin' a little cocky. I've had a nap since then, so I'm in a better mood now. Even thought about deleting the thread. But, decided to let it ride and see what kind of reaction it draws. What the hell, it could be fun.

Dave
Been there, done that.

Chas
Old 01-02-2012, 09:21 AM

Dang Rob, sorry to hear Mouser never made it back, I was pulling for that one and I'm not "really" a cat guy. Just real sorry man.

That original post is the best one I think I've ever seen on the entire inner webs! It seems like every generation since WWII has gotten softer and more "entitled" to all the milk and honey they want. I wish I could have put it into words that good sober, much less with a sixer in me. Hey, maybe the sixer helped. I get so fucking tired of people saying how tough they have it in this country. What I don't get, is if their life is so horrible, why don't they get the hell out. Last I checked there weren't any laws saying you couldn't pack you diddy bag and hit the road. These people whining all the while they are taking unemployment because it "makes more sense" than working for less. WTF kind of attitude is that? Always blaming the government for their predicament. I feel like the government is here to provide a military and maybe highways. The only thing that gets my hair up more than whiny po white trash is a Foreigner that has all the answers that America needs. I got nuttin against po white trash as long as they don't whine about the taste of the government cheese, but Christ on a Cracker, I wish the foreigners could mind their own fucking business for 30 minutes and give us all a break. Last time I ever saw a rush toward Canada it was the cowards running from a fight. Now my rant is over. Thankee, I feel so much better now. I think I'll go celebrate with an herbal variety of my choosing.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:31 AM

Gotta keep those foreigners in their place, huh?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Gotta keep those foreigners in their place, huh?
No, I don't care what they do, and IMHO, they are welcome to join us as long as they go through the proper procedures. How would you like it if your neighbor kept telling you how tall to mow your grass, and if only you would plant a rose bush in the corner, like he did, all your problems would be solved. I can't think of a single time I made a disparaging remark against your homeland, yet it appears you toss and turn all night long because "we" won't set our country up like yours. Just tell me why you care so much, and be honest. It is truly something I do not understand.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 AM

Well, as soon as America stops meddling in the affairs of nigh onto every other country in the world, I am sure the rest of the world will back off too.

You guys make yourselves a huge target, because you are telling everyone how to live their lives, while pretending all is great in America. Obama's recent trip to Europe to coach them on dealing with their financial issues is a prime example. The sheer balls to do that still impresses me.