Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Admin

I'm siding with Zeke and Pete on this one.
As a peace gesture to the mullas we should deliver the deceased Shah as they have demanded. The Cromwellian solution usually quiets down the hubbub and the rabid warmongers go back to sharpening their long knives in the dark.

OP, taking out the power grid as you've envisioned violates quite a few conventions and treaties that we've fostered. Just because we've essentially used the Geneva Convention for toilet paper once or twice doesn't mean a logical precedent has been established, I hope.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Admin

Better yet , invite them to take out Miami or LA if that'll make them feel better. Randy Newman said it best" Let's drop the big one and see what happens. Boom goes London, boom Paris." I'm with Neo, today!
Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Ah, dime store scenarios, until Tel Aviv vaporises. But they'd have deserved it?

Finn I agree with you. Further, I believe that the right's sabre rattling is orchestrated to scare them even more (I believe this happens more than we think).

Pete
Old 03-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Area Man

What would I do?

Tell Israel, and whoever else is in striking distance of Iran they can do what they feel is necessary.

But, I would send not a single US soldier, nor launch a single US missle or drop any bombs from any US aircraft until someone actually and physically threatened Americans on American bases*, territories or the American soil itself.

It's time to let our allies fight their own battles.

Screw this "World Cop" BS, we can't afford it anymore.

(*And we would have far LESS of those abroad, if I had anything to say about it.)

Dave
Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 PM

Put ourselves in a position (develop our own energy resources) where we don't need the Middle East in general and Iran in particular in the 1st place. Should have been doing that since 1973 at the latest.

And do our best to ignore them in the meantime.

BTW, the first rule in training a dog is to ignore it if it doesn't obey your commands.

Chas
Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 PM

Another thought, let's bomb the shit out of Morgan Stanley, Citibank, BIS, the Bank of England, etc, right on down the line.

It's not as crazy as it sounds, if you stop and think about it.

Chas
Old 03-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Another thought, let's bomb the shit out of Morgan Stanley, Citibank, BIS, the Bank of England, etc, right on down the line.

It's not as crazy as it sounds, if you stop and think about it.

Chas
Shhhhh, BOfA is monitoring this forum. Not that I disagree.. Not to mention the Homies Securities Club
Old 03-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Put ourselves in a position (develop our own energy resources) where we don't need the Middle East in general and Iran in particular in the 1st place. Should have been doing that since 1973 at the latest.

And do our best to ignore them in the meantime.

BTW, the first rule in training a dog is to ignore it if it doesn't obey your commands.

Chas
2nd rule is to withhold food.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Ah, dime store scenarios, until Tel Aviv vaporises. But they'd have deserved it?

Finn I agree with you. Further, I believe that the right's sabre rattling is orchestrated to scare them even more (I believe this happens more than we think).

Pete
You're giving me too much credit, Pete. I prefer the term comic book scenarios. too bad Cap'n America is destitute these days. Not toothless, though..

I do believe that the crazy mullahs understand the 'right of the sea' doctrine especially with Diego Garcia on their doorstep. I trust that the mils have more than enough Patriot batteries set up there.

The Riyadh Corp. ain't going to take any shit from across that little waterway, either. Funny how they've kept above the fray, so to speak. It's like Stewart said last night, Iranian election year, US election year and Netanyahoo is calling for elections. I'll bet all of these assholes are in the oils futures biz. TelAviv isn't going anywhere, you can count on that!

Ossirac is a prime example of Israeli foreign policy in this dimestore novel....

Last edited by bobabode; 03-09-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I think we should invade Canada first. Second time's the charm!

Pete
Excellent! Time for us to take Buffalo back. Then again....