Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:36 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Hope you get out soon.

Me too old friend. Looks like I may be home tomorrow with a pick (sp?) line installed for intravenous antibiotics. The staff here is great but this crappy wifi drives me batty.

How's your back holding up?
Old 06-02-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Me too old friend. Looks like I may be home tomorrow with a pick (sp?) line installed for intravenous antibiotics. The staff here is great but this crappy wifi drives me batty.

How's your back holding up?
Going to the Y pretty much every morning and working out some. Then also doing some exercises and stretches they showed me at PT. Balance and back weakness issues are getting better. Slower then I like of course...

I still have some pain and take it easy lifting. After the scare a few months back moving a picknick table around, thinking I'd done some damage. Got lucky and just irritated it big time.

Sitting for long periods also cause back issues. Learned how to stretch to help this also from the PT.

Ask them at PT for printouts of the routine to take home and get some of the elastic straps.

Heating pad is a friend to keep close.

Don't worry it will get better. One day at a time , one foot in front of the other will get you there.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:45 PM
Admin

Made my escape a couple days ago. Got a shoulder bag with a pump and IV bag full of Nafcillin that is my constant companion for the next six weeks. Oh joy. Turns out a PICC line is a peripherally installed central catheter. It starts just inside my right elbow and runs 33 cm up and over to my heart. The two ladies who run the catheter lab are master plumbers, imo.

The only gripe was she has Bose speaks. j/k. It took about hour to thread the line in while I listened to the Moody Blues.

Neat trick.

Last edited by bobabode; 06-24-2021 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:49 AM

Good to read you are on the mend and home again. I'm approaching the one year mark and getting better on most days. Still have little setbacks, all in all it is the time lost due to the healing. This is what I hate the most.

I try from time to time to stop the anti-inflammatory pills. Get by for awhile then start back up. Going PT after surgery then and now to the Y daily has been a big help. Some days it is a struggle to be honest.

Hang in man it will get better. Be patient and remember to follow the instructions of the pro's.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:32 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Made my escape a couple days ago. Got a shoulder bag with a pump and IV bag full of Naxcillin that is my constant companion for the next six weeks. Oh joy. Turns out a PICC line is a peripherally installed central catheter. It starts just inside my right elbow and runs 33 cm up and over to my heart. The two ladies who run the catheter lab are master plumbers, imo.

The only gripe was she has Bose speaks. j/k. It took about hour to thread the line in while I listened to the Moody Blues.

Neat trick.
Here's to a speedy recovery, my good man! I had some gloriously attractive young nurses, myself. In particular a young, blue eyed Belarusian woman named Tatianna and a petite Nigerian by the name of Chiggame', pronounced Chig-uh-may. (It means "Gods Will").

I had knee surgery last October and I've had Covid-19 and a TIA stroke since then. I have been told I must lose weight and improve cardiovascular conditions so, I have returned to cycling after a decade long hiatus. However, a week ago I pushed myself too hard and ended up in a world of pain for several days. I'm not 25 anymore, that's for sure and 17 miles just over an hour proved to be crippling.

(For reference, I checked my old log and my best time ever was in 1998. A 40 mile course in 1hour, 59 minutes......)

Last edited by BlueStreak; 06-07-2021 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Here's to a speedy recovery, my good man! I had some gloriously attractive young nurses, myself. In particular a young, blue eyed Belarusian woman named Tatianna and a petite Nigerian by the name of Chiggame', pronounced Chig-uh-may. (It means "Gods Will").

I had knee surgery last October and I've had Covid-19 and a TIA stroke since then. I have been told I must lose weight and improve cardiovascular conditions so, I have returned to cycling after a decade long hiatus. However, a week ago I pushed myself too hard and ended up in a world of pain for several days. I'm not 25 anymore, that's for sure and 17 miles just over an hour proved to be crippling.

(For reference, I checked my old log and my best time ever was in 1998. A 40 mile course in 1hour, 59 minutes......)
Thanks Dave. After all this walking one block to the mailbox leaves me aching. Saw the surgeon yesterday and he's telling me to just take it slow until they remove the catheter. A little walking is OK but no lifting over 5 lbs, no twisting, no bending, no nothing. Oh well.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks Dave. After all this walking one block to the mailbox leaves me aching. Saw the surgeon yesterday and he's telling me to just take it slow until they remove the catheter. A little walking is OK but no lifting over 5 lbs, no twisting, no bending, no nothing. Oh well.
Listen to the man!

No long term sitting too! Rolling up a towel and placing in the small of the back does help some when sitting.

It is hard to keep, just follow instructions.

Go the PT when they allow you and listen to the pro's there.

It will get better. Just not as fast as you want or like.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate it. At least it isn't the MRSA infection.

Still here in the hospital, a relic of the 1960s with settling floors and all the craptastic building flaws of that era and it isn't fully unionized, dirty, rotten bastards! They oughta knock this shytehole down and replace it a gleaming new tower named after Biden or Harris, better yet call it the FDR Memorial here in the center of reichwing Orange County, Ca.
It's not just the hospital you're in bob, it's the craptastic system. Anyway, I'm rooting for the antibiotics. Hang in there.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:39 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
It's not just the hospital you're in bob, it's the craptastic system. Anyway, I'm rooting for the antibiotics. Hang in there.
Thanks.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:05 PM
Admin

Got the stiches out but still have some drainage from the incision. Just lovely.

edit - saw the surgeon again today and there was a lot of "hmmms" and "that's unusual" about the drainage. Just what you don't want to hear from one of the supposedly top surgeons in the area. I did thank him for installing a nipple in the middle of my back. (rolls eyes)

Last edited by bobabode; 06-25-2021 at 01:29 AM.