Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
It's always fun living in a "battleground state" during election year.
The only thing that's dark in this post are the lesions on your brain.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm completely OK with Podesta being held accountable for any crimes he committed, though I have no idea what that has to do with the GOP fighting to keep dark money alive.
Before you hijacked it, this thread was about the MI governor's race and the dark money that is flowing into the campaigns of both the leading Dem and Repub gubernatorial candidates. Twice I've rejected your premise that the "dark money" issue is a partisan issue, but every time you've steered the subject right back to "Repubs" and even "Russians". And yet you get your little nickers in a knot when I throw out Podesta's consulting? LOL!

Finn - this is a state race. Efforts on the Federal level to control campaign spending wouldn't necessarily trickle down to state laws. State campaign finance laws in MI, like most other states, haven't changed in years (I think 1977 in our state's case). So, your attempts to talk about with's happening at he national level aren't really relevant in this thread. But hey, don't let that stop you from deflecting.....of whatever the hell you think you're doing.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
The only thing that's dark in this post are the lesions on your brain.
Those aren't lesions. They're implants. I can use them to read minds. In your case, unfortunately, I get nothing...
Old 08-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
...Finn - this is a state race. Efforts on the Federal level to control campaign spending wouldn't necessarily trickle down to state laws. State campaign finance laws in MI, like most other states, haven't changed in years (I think 1977 in our state's case). So, your attempts to talk about with's happening at he national level aren't really relevant in this thread.
It seems you failed to read the very first paragraph of the link you provided in the OP.

Three of the leading candidates to be Michigan's next chief executive have benefited from large sums of cash that can't be easily followed to their original sources because of federal laws allowing not-for-profit organizations to influence elections outside of the state's campaign finance law.

And as I have said (along with providing a link to support my assertion), the laws allowing non-profits to do this with "dark money" are a Republican initiative/priority.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-03-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Always amusing that Whell thinks he can control the narrative. Virtually every thread he has started he quickly show just how delusional his fact free rants are. Just like his mentors, Donny, Limblow and InsHannity.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Always amusing that Whell thinks he can control the narrative. Virtually every thread he has started he quickly show just how delusional his fact free rants are. Just like his mentors, Donny, Limblow and InsHannity.
I think he gets fed nonsense by talk radio and/or Fox News, believes it, and then repeats their factually-challenged rants here. I've caught him numerous times repeating an argument that Limbaugh first put forth that day (I listen to Limbaugh on the way from the gym every day to see what kind of lies people like Whell will parrot that day) when Whell repeats it within 1-2 hours. Like other delusional Rush listeners, he actually believes he's getting the inside skinny rather than half-true propaganda/projections.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It seems you failed to read the very first paragraph of the link you provided in the OP.

Three of the leading candidates to be Michigan's next chief executive have benefited from large sums of cash that can't be easily followed to their original sources because of federal laws allowing not-for-profit organizations to influence elections outside of the state's campaign finance law.
Which has not one F'ing thing to do with Citizens United, but that didn't stop you from bringing it up.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Always amusing that Whell thinks he can control the narrative.
You're right. As much as you guys deflect and change the topic, its really hard to follow all the BS you throw around.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:52 PM

It’s called a Democracy, Whell. Something you and Donny obviously have zero respect for.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
You're right. As much as you guys deflect and change the topic, its really hard to follow all the BS you throw around.
I mentioned CU, but linked specifically to and discussed the "dark money" regulations that the Trump administration just relaxed to the delight of the GOP and consternation of Democrats. In any event, this dark money phenomena is something the Democrats want to get rid of and the Republicans want to keep around, even enhance. I know you have a hard time wrapping your head around the idea that the GOP and Trump aren't completely ethical and honest. Maybe Mueller will help set you straight.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-03-2018 at 02:32 PM.