Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
The Bose - brand new or brand new looking? Check the foam surroundings!

I have the Bose 205, 301/I, 501/1, 601/I, 901/II, 901/III.
My error, they are Boze 301 Series V and are the current model of that series in their catalog.

But I've dozens of surround repair jobs, HK, I know all about surrounds. But thanks for your FYI.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
those have a good reputation and a real score at that price... I am surprised the store did not put them on their auction site shopgoodwill.com

I will not donate to the GW for that reason.....they want to ebay price everything....

those were a nice gift Ike
Thanks. He's a great guy with an amazingly broad enjoyment of music. They're good friends of ours.

Y'know it's only a couple of times a year I run into a real find at the Goodwill, but this past year I found these Bose, a pair of Fried A/2's (14 bucks) in really good shape for their age. And also a fine pair of Epicure Model 3's. The latter 2 pairs required new surrounds which is typical for stuff you find on the floor at the GW. The Epicure's needed new mid and woofer surrounds. I paid more than I like to, $40 for the pair...but those babies really sing. And they're beautiful to look at. I have no place for them, but I just can't seem to let them go. Ditto for the Fried's.

It's three years now, but my Yamaha CA-2010 was sitting on a shelf at the same GW for 7 bucks...and all it needed to whip it back into shape was some De-Oxit here and there. I still have pretty good fortune at the GW, although it's only certain locations that I regularly cruise.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Walked into the Goodwill two weeks ago and on the bottom shelf of one of these big green carts they use to haul out new stock...a pair of pretty much brand new Bose 301 Series iv with the cherry veneer. Not a mark on them. Cost...15 bucks for the pair.

Not something I'm interested in, but we have a friend who's a massive fan of all sorts of music and has never been able to afford anything but little crap mini-systems. So they were our birthday present to him last week along with a little Pioneer SX-535 receiver that I picked up at the same GW a few months back for 4.99.

He thinks the Bose are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Righteous!

Pete
Old 02-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Thanks. He's a great guy with an amazingly broad enjoyment of music. They're good friends of ours.

Y'know it's only a couple of times a year I run into a real find at the Goodwill, but this past year I found these Bose, a pair of Fried A/2's (14 bucks) in really good shape for their age. And also a fine pair of Epicure Model 3's. The latter 2 pairs required new surrounds which is typical for stuff you find on the floor at the GW. The Epicure's needed new mid and woofer surrounds. I paid more than I like to, $40 for the pair...but those babies really sing. And they're beautiful to look at. I have no place for them, but I just can't seem to let them go. Ditto for the Fried's.

It's three years now, but my Yamaha CA-2010 was sitting on a shelf at the same GW for 7 bucks...and all it needed to whip it back into shape was some De-Oxit here and there. I still have pretty good fortune at the GW, although it's only certain locations that I regularly cruise.
Yeah I think the rotted surrounds keep the speakers in the store instead of the auction site. I found some Altec Lansing Santana IIs last year but not a score soundwise lol.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Admin

I found a '60s era Sears oak toboggan with a broken slat that I repaired. Why? I haven't a clue...nuthin' but palm trees around here.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I found a '60s era Sears oak toboggan with a broken slat that I repaired. Why? I haven't a clue...nuthin' but palm trees around here.
take it to Venice Beach!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Add wheels and tow it behind a car yelling YOLO!

Pete
Old 02-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Admin

Haw! :d
Old 02-12-2014, 05:31 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
If not you, then who?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
If not you, then who?
Damn straight!