Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Look for the retirement age for SS to go up yet again. I wouldn't have any problem at all if they want to privatise it. It's a pittance anyway, and I don't count on it one bit. Give me mine right now and let me bet it all on red twice, then it might be worth something. My life has shown me that the less I depend on the government, the better my deal gets. Too many people have learned how to "work" good intentioned gov. programs. Combine that with the state of the work ethic in this country, and you get a collapse. I think we focus too much on seperate "little" problems, like health care, retirement, etc.., when the real problems begin at home. Americans need to start raising their own children again, and stop leaving it to the day care centers.

It makes no sense to put something on the stock market that was originally designed to be a "safe haven" from the stock market.

The problem isn't that SS was "doomed to fail from the start", the problem is that politicians over the decades, have used the money for things for which it was never intended.

There's the "American workers are all lazy and overcompensated! Well, everyone except me, of course." mantra again. Geez.

But, I would agree wholeheartedly that people need to start raising their own kids. Too many parents just don't seem to even care. And that's sad. Although, I would say that most of my friends seem to have done a fantastic job raising their youngins.

BTW, TD. Nice Avatar!

Dave