Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
You know the $15 an hour minimum wage is one place I may not be in agreement with Bernie. I think $15 is probably reasonable in high cost of living areas like California, New York or Hawaii, etc.

But in Alabama or Mississippi, $10-$12 seems more reasonable.

I know the Federal Government has different COLA's for different areas.

Maybe the minimum wage should be tied to those.
Howdy Tom, I agree. Not sure where they plucked the $15 bucks an hour number. I was speaking to pop the other day and he was dead set against a minimum wage, sez it raises prices for everyone. But those 14 people who's income increased by 157 billion over the past few years...that doesn't affect prices...nosireee.....

http://www.businessinsider.com/berni...quality-2015-3
Old 08-12-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
If only the whole middle class would understand how good this is for them. If you only make 15.00 an hour at a skilled job, you will suddenly be worth more because you can tell your boss to fuck off and go flip burgers. Hard to pay skilled labor minimum wage when there are easier jobs to be had. The rich all complain about the amount of people on welfare. Well maybe that will change too, if you can make more on minimum wage than welfare. With a decent minimum wage and healthcare, most of this country's problems could start to reverse.
Most of this countries problems would start to reverse if folks would quit breeding irresponsibly.....

Last edited by MrPots; 08-12-2015 at 02:42 PM.