Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-29-2016, 09:38 AM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14,184
When has he ever shown 1 drop of benevolence?

Here's Trump benevolence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v_JwLdpjhA
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-29-2016, 09:40 AM
JCricket's Avatar
JCricket JCricket is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
... and it's not from his intelligence briefings. It's InfoWars.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a02_story.html
From the article:
"As the Right Wing Watch website has documented, Jones has alleged that the U.S. government was responsible for the Sept. 11 attacks (Jones posted an old video Monday in which Trump appeared to suggest that aircraft alone couldn’t have brought down the towers), the Oklahoma City bombings and mass shootings such as Sandy Hook. Jones has said that “chemtrails” from airplanes spread a “weaponized flu,” that juice boxes are part of a chemical-warfare operation to make children gay, that Justin Bieber is brainwashing children to create an American police state, that Obama murdered publisher Andrew Breitbart, that an “alien force not of this world” is targeting Trump, that intergalactic shape-shifting reptilian humanoids secretly control the world, and, of course, that water fluoridation is mass mind control."
__________________
I don't care that you think about the other side. I do want to know why you believe what you believe. Help me understand your point of view!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-29-2016, 12:22 PM
Rajoo's Avatar
Rajoo Rajoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SF East Bay
Posts: 11,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Kim Jong whateverthe fuck perhaps, but I don't agree with you about Chavez at all.

As for Trump, what I am hoping for is that he will be a "Benevolent Dictator".
When and how did you switch your allegiance and devotion to Trump from Bernie since the contrast is horrific?
__________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”― George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-29-2016, 12:29 PM
bobabode's Avatar
bobabode bobabode is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain in California
Posts: 33,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
When and how did you switch your allegiance and devotion to Trump from Bernie since the contrast is horrific?
You have to ask? It's a classic case of the "Me Generation" combined with the "Jack" principle.
__________________
'I hear mariachi static on my radio and the tubes they glow in the dark' Zevon
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Tom Joad's Avatar
Tom Joad Tom Joad is offline
Persona non grata
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
When and how did you switch your allegiance and devotion to Trump from Bernie since the contrast is horrific?
The way I see it, the Trump people and the Bernie people are natural allies. We are all being screwed by the corrupt system and we all want a revolution. My first choice was to be a part of Bernie's revolution. But since that wasn't to be, I'm going for the next best thing. The Trump revolution.

"It's not a very good revolution, but it's the only one we have, and I want to be a part of it."

What I don't understand is why more people don't understand that.
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Tom Joad's Avatar
Tom Joad Tom Joad is offline
Persona non grata
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You have to ask? It's a classic case of the "Me Generation" combined with the "Jack" principle.
The question was directed at me, not you.

I will thank you not to answer for me.

And after my 72 hour cease fire is over, I will do more than thank you.
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Rajoo's Avatar
Rajoo Rajoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SF East Bay
Posts: 11,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
The way I see it, the Trump people and the Bernie people are natural allies. We are all being screwed by the corrupt system and we all want a revolution. My first choice was to be a part of Bernie's revolution. But since that wasn't to be, I'm going for the next best thing. The Trump revolution.

"It's not a very good revolution, but it's the only one we have, and I want to be a part of it."

What I don't understand is why more people don't understand that.
Sorry no, Bernie's supporters are principled whereas Trump's supporters do not know any better. Trump's primary and only interest is to enrich himself and his family, and he will do this with impunity, if not we get President Pence.

If you read his daily tweets, it's easy to see where he is going with his presidency.
__________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”― George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-29-2016, 02:06 PM
icenine's Avatar
icenine icenine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego via Vermilion Ohio and Points Between
Posts: 11,387
The thing is that the person who is in office can set precedents that can either be good or bad. Just because a law does not exist or does not forbid a practice does not mean one should do said practice.
Trump is too ignorant to understand this and his self-interest will tarnish the office, perhaps terribly in a way Nixon never came close to doing.
__________________
Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

Last edited by icenine; 11-29-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-29-2016, 02:48 PM
Tom Joad's Avatar
Tom Joad Tom Joad is offline
Persona non grata
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
The thing is that the person who is in office can set precedents that can either be good or bad. Just because a law does not exist or does not forbid a practice does not mean one should do said practice.
Trump is too ignorant to understand this and his self-interest will tarnish the office, perhaps terribly in a way Nixon never came close to doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Sorry no, Bernie's supporters are principled whereas Trump's supporters do not know any better. Trump's primary and only interest is to enrich himself and his family, and he will do this with impunity, if not we get President Pence.

If you read his daily tweets, it's easy to see where he is going with his presidency.

Obviously I don't share your opinions of either Trump's supporters or Trump himself. Unfortunately, as my cease fire is currently in effect, I am unable at this time to provide the more strongly worded response that I would like to.
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Last edited by Tom Joad; 11-29-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Tom Joad's Avatar
Tom Joad Tom Joad is offline
Persona non grata
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
If you read his daily tweets, it's easy to see where he is going with his presidency.
"If I read his daily tweets"?

Do you realize that this is a thread criticizing where Trump gets his news from and you are admitting that you get yours from "Daily Tweets"?

__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Last edited by Tom Joad; 11-29-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.