Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
So, what am I to think about a ruthless xenophobic populist demagogue who follows the Hitlerian playbook to the letter, to include running on a false choice between autocratic authoritarianism vs social-ism, and a fundamentally decent candidate who follows the rules and norms of civilized societies and proposes supporting a credible representation of the interests of the entire country?
Regarding the first part, his term ended in 2016. Regarding the second, Are you talking about this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__2X0Cac1E

If I'm going for a candidate that is a representative of "the interests of the entire country", I'm going to go for the "all lives matter" over "[insert favorite race, sex or creed here] lives matter candidate.

That one is really a no brainer.

But opinions vary.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Regarding the first part, his term ended in 2016. Regarding the second, Are you talking about this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__2X0Cac1E

If I'm going for a candidate that is a representative of "the interests of the entire country", I'm going to go for the "all lives matter" over "[insert favorite race, sex or creed here] lives matter candidate.

That one is really a no brainer.

But opinions vary.
The first is truly delusional, the second a deflection from the core grievance.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
The first is truly delusional, the second a deflection from the core grievance.
I disagree, but opinions vary. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:39 AM
Ready

I am willing to take Wang's word that he's not a 'programned' follower bonded to Trump. Some are, some aren't. Was reading an analysis that says for many Trump supporters, it transactional. They are for Trump because he delivers policy they like. It may be appointing anti-abortion judges, or being tough (or purposefully cruel) to immigrants, or tax cuts (big donors taken care of), or anti-black/pro-police stuff. Point is, if he delivers on your hot button, that's more important to you than Trump's vulgarity, dishonesty, and criminality. Indeed, you may see vice as a virtue if it gets you the thing you want. Trump's goal is to get a big enough coalition of people who accept his faults as necessary evils but want to keep getting what he gives them.

And then there are people who are paid money to support him. That's transactional too.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I am willing to take Wang's word that he's not a 'programned' follower bonded to Trump. Some are, some aren't. Was reading an analysis that says for many Trump supporters, it transactional. They are for Trump because he delivers policy they like. It may be appointing anti-abortion judges, or being tough (or purposefully cruel) to immigrants, or tax cuts (big donors taken care of), or anti-black/pro-police stuff. Point is, if he delivers on your hot button, that's more important to you than Trump's vulgarity, dishonesty, and criminality. Indeed, you may see vice as a virtue if it gets you the thing you want. Trump's goal is to get a big enough coalition of people who accept his faults as necessary evils but want to keep getting what he gives them.

And then there are people who are paid money to support him. That's transactional too.
I like how you just slipped that "anti-black" canard in there, thinking nobody would notice.

Baloney. He's actually done more for Blacks than Obama did.

https://www.newsmax.com/jackbrewer/t.../12/id/924217/
https://thefederalistpapers.org/opin...tally-compared
https://granitegrok.com/blog/2020/01...ter-than-obama

Etc.

Calling Trump racist is comical.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:00 PM

I sometimes wonder now if now, their are those here that are getting paid by the word.....
Old 09-03-2020, 07:00 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I sometimes wonder now if now, their are those here that are getting paid by the word.....

I wondered the same thing on this forum and some members seemed to be upset by it.

;
Old 09-02-2020, 01:03 PM

tRump for another photo op. When Bunker Boy couldn't get the owner of the burned building to play along with his photo-op he found a stand-in. I guess it's much easier using an inanimate object (a bible) to cooperate.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...it/5689324002/
Quote:
"I said no, thank you," Paul Willette told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Willette is co-owner of Rode's Camera Shop, which opened more than 100 years ago before being destroyed in a fire caused by rioters. "I didn't want anything to do with President Trump."

"If it were any other president I would, but not this one.
The Mango Jeezus, the biggest phony to ever occupy the Oval Office.

Last edited by RickeyM; 09-02-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
tRump for another photo op. When Bunker Boy couldn't get the owner of the burned building to play along with his photo-op he found a stand-in. I guess it's much easier using an inanimate object (a bible) to cooperate.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...it/5689324002/

The Mango Jeezus, the biggest phony to ever occupy the Oval Office.
I'm missing your point. The store owner and the building owner both suffered loss. One is a trump man and the other is not. So? That's the great thing about america. We can agree to disagree and carry on with our lives - unless BLM and antifa get their way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrBq54JPHrk
Old 09-02-2020, 01:44 PM

Pimp Daddy tRump

During a summit between tRump and KJU in 2018 Kim Jong Un apparently winked at Sarah "Gaslight" Sanders. From Sander's memoir due to be released soon. Donny, ever the smooth operator.

tRump: "Kim Jong Un hit on you!" Trump said, according to Sanders. "He did! He f---ing hit on you!"

Sanders replied, "Sir, please stop."

"Well, Sarah, that settles it. You're going to North Korea and taking one for the team!" Trump told her, Sanders said. "Your husband and kids will miss you, but you'll be a hero to your country!" MAGA!