Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Heres one for ya Pete. You may find another one of my many local cop stories hard to believe, but it is in fact the truth.

Local woman has a carry permit, and local cop takes her gun and says he'll return it after he takes it in and makes sure it isn't stolen.

Constable walks up to him and DEMANDS the officer to return the womans gun at once because she has a carry permit for that piece, and that piece is registered to her and it's stated on her permit.

Well, the officer thought he'd be a hot shot and tell the constable to mind his own and the constable got real pissed telling him he was violating the womans legal right to carry. Officer arrests the constable saying he has every right to take her gun in and return it later .. if it checked out.

Constable warns him that arresting him is going to cost him his job, and cost the city as well because he knows for a fact the lady is indeed in the right, and has her papers in her purse ... if he'd allow her to present them.

Cop takes him to jail, along with the womans gun and the constable tells the chief that the officer had made a costly mistake. Chief thought it was a laughing matter until the constable said, '' I've been arrested here for standing up for a woman who's rights have been violated .. a woman who happens to be MY WIFE ''.

The city chief and his favorite cop were given the boot in record speed. Now if he'd only go to work on our backwoods county sheriff department ...
Amesome! But what's the difference between a constable and a cop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Well lookee here. We agree on this one. Talk about a red letter day!

Regards,

D-Ray
Shh, don't tell anyone, I'm actually a law and order guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Reminds me of what happened down the road a couple of miles.

Little town had a city marshal, who, to be kind, had limited intelligence. Nice guy, but just didn't have the smarts for the position.

Anyway, he ran the only stop sign in town, in front of the local kids. They got him to stop his patrol car, and talked him into writing himself a ticket for failing to stop.

Zeke didn't think it would be proper to sign his own ticket, so he woke up the mayor in the middle of the night to sign it for him.

The judge (a real character) fined him TWICE the going rate for running the stop sign, along with a dressing down about setting an example for the local youth...as he was in a position of authority.

My buddy, (the prosecuting attorney on the case, not to mention a real character as well), told me about this. It's still one of his favorite stories.

But people can tell stories about "C-Bug" 'till the cow come home. One of those places where the mayor had more eyeballs than teeth...and that's a fact!!!

Chas
Lol! I bet those kids don't forget that story!

Pete