Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
...Where's The Media questioning on the stimulus package that sailed thru Congress w/o so much as a "By your leave"?

Maybe the same place they were when the Prince of Darkness was careening us toward the unnecessary, costly, and national-security-diminishing war in Iraq.

I agree, the mainstream media has been the gov't's lapdog for almost ten years now.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett A View Post
Maybe the same place they were when the Prince of Darkness was careening us toward the unnecessary, costly, and national-security-diminishing war in Iraq.

I agree, the mainstream media has been the gov't's lapdog for almost ten years now.
"Prince of darkness" ...you must mean "Shrub".

I get it!!!!!!!!!!

Way doncha lay off the poor bastard. All said and done, he did what needed to be done for the last 20 yrs. We may not be at war with the Islamic extremists, but they by God are at war with us.

Wipe all of that "Party Line" bullshit out of your eyes, we're playing for keeps. They for sure are.

I apologize for for being so candid,

Chas
Old 07-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

All said and done, he did what needed to be done for the last 20 yrs.

What is it he did?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post

What is it he did?
Well, after 20 yrs of acting like it didn't happen, or treating what did happen like a criminal matter, or shooting cruise missles here and there (kinda like beating up a convict while he's handcuffed behind his back, don't gain much respect like that)...he took the fight to the enemy, and put boots on the ground...which shows a certain amount of resolve. He has attempted to remake the nature of things in the Middle East.

The Middle East is the ultimate Tar Baby for the US...there are no good solutions. IMHO, the Bush Administration has attempted to force them into the 21st century.

I can tell that you have no use for the Republicans in general, and Bush (and Cheney) in particular. And we can piss and moan, and nitpick policies until Hell freezes over. I suppose this is no more than a matter of opinion.

But would you admit that Bush stepped up to the plate (Sarah loves this kinda talk), made some hard choices, and proceeded in good faith to protect the interests of our Republic?

If you won't concede at least this much, then I'm going to write you off as being narrow minded, and beyond reasoning with.

Chas
Old 07-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

But would you admit that Bush stepped up to the plate (Sarah loves this kinda talk), made some hard choices, and proceeded in good faith to protect the interests of our Republic?

Chas
Absolutely not.

That is what he sold.

He responded as ANY president would have in Afghanistan and caused a disaster in Iraq. His own father told him not to do it.
We likely would be done in Afghanistan if he had not divert resources to Iraq.
IMHO, Bush was a sincere guy who if you were to play chess with would always think he was winning, only to be blindsided by checkmate. He never thought through the consequences of his actions, spoke like a tough drunken sailor to lesser countries and took a lone wolf approach to international policy.

By the way I am a registered republican who's party was stolen by Bush and his neocon advisers. I voted for his Dad twice and Ray-gun twice, even Ford.

If you are unable to accept others views you are correct to be a republican in 2009. If we get rid of the radical zoo currently masquerading as republicans you will be without a party however.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett A View Post
Disgusting.
I'm surprised this kind of blatant racism still exists in public
Oh, that wasn't anywhere CLOSE to bein' as "Racist" as I CAN be, Sport...What did I say that was so gawd-awful terrible, in the 1st place ? I DON'T like the wormy SOB, I think he is ruinin' this counrty, drivin' us into debt that our grandchildren's grandchildren won't be able to get out from under...If a REPUBLICAN had run up debt like this, the braying jackasses in the media would never let him live it down, but since this refugee from Chicago rabble-rousin' outfit did it, & he's GASP ! a Negr-erm, African-American, we're not sposed to criticise him in any way, shape or form.....
Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Oh, that wasn't anywhere CLOSE to bein' as "Racist" as I CAN be, Sport...What did I say that was so gawd-awful terrible, in the 1st place ? I DON'T like the wormy SOB, I think he is ruinin' this counrty, drivin' us into debt that our grandchildren's grandchildren won't be able to get out from under...If a REPUBLICAN had run up debt like this, the braying jackasses in the media would never let him live it down, but since this refugee from Chicago rabble-rousin' outfit did it, & he's GASP ! a Negr-erm, African-American, we're not sposed to criticise him in any way, shape or form.....
Two things

Bush ran up the a debt from a surplus for no good reason, Obama has had no choice but to given the conditions he inherited. 2nd racism is different than political criticism.
Also, read and watch. Both sides are very concerned about the projected deficits and it is addressed in all media daily.
I don't quite understand the GOP adapting the "victim" platform. When they grow some balls again and take some personal responsibility I will consider them as a serious alternative again. In the mean time I will not vote for self proclaimed victims.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:46 AM

Typical. Anything that is NOT gushing, fulsome, masturbatory praise for His Holiness, Barak the Firstest is immediately condemed as "racist" by his Kool-Aid drinkers. Hell, even saying his MIDDLE name has been denounced. And yes, Chimpy McHalliburton Bushitler ran up a pretty good tab, but a TRILLION dollar deficit, w/promises of maybe another trillion more to come ? Even you drunken-sailors-in-a-Cathouse types gotta admit that ain't chump change...An' how's Y'all's Boy (Oops, more racism) gonna finance this ? Why, pickin' the pockets of the Evil, dirty, filthy rich again...'Cept somehow or another, the Evil Dead-erm, Rich always escape, & it ends up on the backs of the middle class...As it will this time again.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Typical. Anything that is NOT gushing, fulsome, masturbatory praise for His Holiness, Barak the Firstest is immediately condemed as "racist" by his Kool-Aid drinkers. Hell, even saying his MIDDLE name has been denounced. And yes, Chimpy McHalliburton Bushitler ran up a pretty good tab, but a TRILLION dollar deficit, w/promises of maybe another trillion more to come ? Even you drunken-sailors-in-a-Cathouse types gotta admit that ain't chump change...An' how's Y'all's Boy (Oops, more racism) gonna finance this ? Why, pickin' the pockets of the Evil, dirty, filthy rich again...'Cept somehow or another, the Evil Dead-erm, Rich always escape, & it ends up on the backs of the middle class...As it will this time again.
I suggest you sit backand breakdown the facts and stop being a political victim.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Absolutely not.

That is what he sold.

He responded as ANY president would have in Afghanistan and caused a disaster in Iraq. His own father told him not to do it.
We likely would be done in Afghanistan if he had not divert resources to Iraq.
IMHO, Bush was a sincere guy who if you were to play chess with would always think he was winning, only to be blindsided by checkmate. He never thought through the consequences of his actions, spoke like a tough drunken sailor to lesser countries and took a lone wolf approach to international policy.

By the way I am a registered republican who's party was stolen by Bush and his neocon advisers. I voted for his Dad twice and Ray-gun twice, even Ford.

If you are unable to accept others views you are correct to be a republican in 2009. If we get rid of the radical zoo currently masquerading as republicans you will be without a party however.
Be without a party??? Hell, I AM without a party, they're all Globalists. And I, for one, feel we have enough masters reaching into our hip pockets.

As far as being unable to accept others views, it wouldn't hurt you to take a look in the mirror, at least concerning this issue. You have never said a kind word about George Bush as far as I know. Or Cheney. Or Palin. Your absolute hatred of these people appears to border on the irrational.

And as bad as it is, Bush and his collection of "neocons" appear to better represent my interests and beliefs than Obama and his collection of "Bolsheviks".

I can be a rude sonofabitch too.

That said, I still like ya. And I love to argue with you, you're like the bitchy ex-wife I never had.

Just kidding, and take care,

Chas