Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Indeed an excellent article.

Why is American Fascism a better fit than Mafia State?
Because it's mine.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Not for everyone. It seems like you're defending the sleazy/illegal actions on Wall St. that led to the recession.
Sort of like you defending sleazy/illegal Hillary. Or, Sleazy Barney and that Fanny/ Freddie fiasco. Or, sleazy Allen Greenspan and the no housing bubble.

That whole derivative concoction to finance the housing bubble may have been sleazy, but it was not illegal. It was not regulated at all.

My wife lost $200,000 in AIG because she worked for United Guaranty who was owned by AIG and bought stock for decades.

But, her 401K more than made up for that in the equity explosion we have seen.

Will it crash again ? Absolutely.

Or, you could let Obama types run everything and there would be nothing to crash from.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Or, you could let Obama types run everything and there would be nothing to crash from.
In case you have not noticed, this thread is about Republicans and how dare you?

But since you have brought this up, the Bush types gave us a recession, the Obama type brought it back and now the Trump type will bankrupt the people who can least afford to lose what they have.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Old 12-03-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
In case you have not noticed, this thread is about Republicans and how dare you?

But since you have brought this up, the Bush types gave us a recession, the Obama type brought it back and now the Trump type will bankrupt the people who can least afford to lose what they have.
I actually think Bush was the dumbest President in my lifetime. Pissed away trillions in the Middle East for nothing. And, left Obama and now Trump hung with the aftermath.

But, blaming the housing bubble on any person or entity in it's entirety is just shallow .
Old 12-04-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I would argue that what stifles the average man is not some rich boogeyman but the cancer that is government which consumes at least half of what the middle class earns.

I don't know anything a rich person has ever taken from me that I did not elect to buy or use.

And a lot of what the government spends ends up as "growth" in a wealthy investor's stock portfolio. Be it those who hold the note on the national debt or those invested in military spending. Those wealthy investors also wholly own our lawmakers and they dictate where the government spends its money. Investors don't get rich off social security but get very rich off military spending and the national debt, both of which the republicans are keen on growing for no practical reason other than improving their donor's bottom lines at the expense of the average worker.

Last edited by MrPots; 12-04-2017 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Ready

Yep, the national debt is nothing but free money forever for those that already have most of the wealth....
Old 12-04-2017, 11:10 AM

Govt spending is money in motion commerce and employment opportunity, just like the private sector but with potentially much better oversight.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:29 PM

But unlike the private sector, I pretty sure most of us would not go further into debt by purposely cutting income as we struggle to pay the bills we already have as republicans are doing.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:

But, blaming the housing bubble on any person or entity in it's entirety is just shallow .
Indeed!