Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:31 PM

The Borowitz Report is a topical satirical column in the New Yorker. Yorker, as has been mentioned.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:29 PM

I was 11-12 years old back in 1973-1974. I didn't understand Watergate but I sure knew something was going on in America and that everyone was upset about Nixon.

The American people have to demand it Barbara. The current House GOP is basically a collection of gerrymandering scoundrels who don't care what Trump does as long as they can get their tax-cutting agenda through. They can't be relied on to act in the best interests of the nation sadly.

I think the only thing that stops Trump is a Democratic House and Senate.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:33 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
What is the difference between God and Trump? God doesn't think he is Trump.

Here is a question: Assuming you knew nothing of Trump, not his history or background, but only what you saw in the last 100 days. What would you think? How would you describe him?
Arrogant, impulsive, reckless, dishonest, stupid dangerous. Did I miss anything?
first class misogynist.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I was 11-12 years old back in 1973-1974. I didn't understand Watergate but I sure knew something was going on in America and that everyone was upset about Nixon.

The American people have to demand it Barbara. The current House GOP is basically a collection of gerrymandering scoundrels who don't care what Trump does as long as they can get their tax-cutting agenda through. They can't be relied on to act in the best interests of the nation sadly.

I think the only thing that stops Trump is a Democratic House and Senate.

"The people have to demand it....."
And that means it will have to get much worse before it gets any better. 😟
Old 05-13-2017, 09:39 AM

Right now it appears many months to years before sanity returns to the Executive office. Not until the Dems get control of at least one branch of government. Hopefully the midterm elections will be the turning point.
Mr Trump will not leave on his own, will go fighting. Now having the taste of total power and a family business to protect. No "for the good of the country" in this one!

Barney
Old 05-13-2017, 09:50 AM

"Sessions directs prosecutors to charge defendants with the most serious crimes". Crimes like subverting the constitution you mean, Jeffy?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:41 AM

Trump doesn’t embody what’s wrong with Washington. Pence does.
Quote:
I don’t feel an iota of sympathy for Pence. He was among a perfidious group of political opportunists who pushed Trump’s candidacy while having to know that he was intellectually, temperamentally and morally unfit for the presidency. They stuck with him as he mocked the disabled, belittled women, insulted Hispanics, libeled Mexicans and promiscuously promised the impossible and ridiculous — all that “Day One” nonsense like how the wall would be built and Mexico would pay for it.

I also have little sympathy for Sean Spicer, who plays the role of a bullied child. Trump routinely sends him out to lie to the American people, which he has done ever since his insistence that the inaugural crowd was bigger than the photos showed. He persists at his job even though Trump broadly hints that he will soon fire him. When Spicer is gone, he will be easily replaced. Washington is full of people who have no honor and no pride, either.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...rainbow&wpmm=1
Old 05-16-2017, 10:46 AM

If Trump were a company CEO, he'd be fired by now.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...be-fired-today
Old 05-16-2017, 10:59 AM

He always appeared a candidate for shittiest boss, the leaks from staff are no surprise tho' motivation may be primarily national interest.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:49 PM

Looks like the sky is brightening over DC after all.

Both Cornyn and Gowdy have taken their names out of the hat from the running for Director of FBI. Now McConnell wants a nominee that will garner a majority of the Democratic votes. This does not look good for Trump and this may be the beginning of the end, especially if they pick a Democrat for the job.
Quote:
“I think the most important thing is for the president to pick somebody who’s apolitical, who clearly has a deep law enforcement background,” Mr. McConnell said at a news conference on Tuesday. He added: “Historically it’s been a solid law enforcement professional without a background in elective office.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/u...pgtype=article