Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:01 AM

Do not resuscitate...?

Medical dilemma ....
http://people.com/bodies/doctors-con...citate-tattoo/
Not sure I would go with the tattoo in a case like this.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:21 PM

Fascinating.

Tonight I reflect on the word "chord" and how it relates to the rhythm of life. The lowest frequency note for anyone is one that varies, without repetition, through their life.

Doctors and lawyers alike lose their life rhythm when forced to interpret a single word. Laymen describe the feeling as not seeing the forest for the trees.

What made me think of the word "chord" is a recurring memory of a famous guitar player, either Chet Atkins or BB King, telling a story about fabricating a guitar from steel strings that he plucked from his parent's screen door. The emotion of such a youthful discovery probably strikes a chord with artists working in other mediums such as chalk, metal, fire, bonsai, and the like.

With that thought in mind I blew the dust off of my old dictionary and started to resolve the difference between discord and chord. What did my dictionary reveal? Chord is close to describing feeling and emotion.

Who wants to develop a definition for discord? Not me. But purportedly educated people second guessing a bass note tattoo seems like a good start to the sound of a dropped piano.