Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Area Man

We could start by banning abortion, discouraging even Kervorkian style euthanasia and increasing efforts to extend the average lifespan while stepping up efforts to cure more diseases. Remember, "Every sperm is precious, every sperm is great, when a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate."

Really, I don't think overpopulation matters, it's all in the rationing;

So long as we make sure the 10 wealthiest people on earth have at least ten billion times what they need to survive, the rest of us will be just fine, scratching it out on our own. Raise my taxes and cut "The Donalds" taxes, please, greens fees at Pebble Beach just went up again and I feel so guilty.........the Poor Dears.

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Just think Dave, the rich people will have 100 gallons of water while we only have a 1/2 pint

Wasn't it a Twain story about the fishhooks in [gaa! I don't want to say esquimos anymore but don't remember their 'real' name] [PCness sucks!!]? Wealth sure is relative.

Barney I think that if photosynthesis creates oxygen then it would seem the theory is presumably correct! We 'know' the great herds of days gone by shaped the natural world around them to some degree. And humans are certainly changing things, if not man made global warming, then mass exterminations and changing the physical face of the planet at least.

Pete
Old 11-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Just think Dave, the rich people will have 100 gallons of water while we only have a 1/2 pint

Wasn't it a Twain story about the fishhooks in [gaa! I don't want to say esquimos anymore but don't remember their 'real' name] [PCness sucks!!]? Wealth sure is relative.

Barney I think that if photosynthesis creates oxygen then it would seem the theory is presumably correct! We 'know' the great herds of days gone by shaped the natural world around them to some degree. And humans are certainly changing things, if not man made global warming, then mass exterminations and changing the physical face of the planet at least.

Pete
Inuit.

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Thanks. Does that mean I was counter Inuitive? :groan:

Pete
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Thanks. Does that mean I was counter Inuitive? :groan:

Pete
Now, that was bad.

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Look at other animals, any other animals. If you give them food and shelter rather than them having to forage for it, you get high populations, disease, and animals that lack the ability to provide/fend for themselves. Farmed salmon for example.
Put them in a natural setting where there's a tough environment and competition and you get a smaller, healthier population of the strongest and smartest animals.
Humans are no different.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Admin

I never figured you for a Darwinist, Was. Not very Christian of you.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Look at other animals, any other animals. If you give them food and shelter rather than them having to forage for it, you get high populations, disease, and animals that lack the ability to provide/fend for themselves. Farmed salmon for example.
Put them in a natural setting where there's a tough environment and competition and you get a smaller, healthier population of the strongest and smartest animals.
Humans are no different.
I find the urban way of life much to my liking. Having to constantly fend for yourself blows. You can have that bullsquat, if it makes you feel manly. Personally, having grown up in the country, I find it does NOT lead to a more hardy and intelligent stock. Quite the contrary. Isolation from the outside world leads to xenophobia, ignorance and in some cases--insanity. When I go home and see old friends, it only serves to remind me of why I left and never went back. God, what a bunch of drunken, paranoid losers.

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Humans are no different.

So all we need is a few more wars to thin the population? That is where this is heading with the shortages of resources projected to happen in the coming years. Some would say it is already happening.

Barney
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I never figured you for a Darwinist, Was. Not very Christian of you.
Proverbs

6:6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; observe its ways and be wise!
6:7 It has no commander, overseer, or ruler,
6:8 yet it prepares its food in the summer;it gathers at the harvest what it will eat.
6:9 How long, you sluggard, will you lie there? When will you rise from your sleep?
6:10 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to relax,
6:11 and your poverty will come like a robber, and your need like an armed man.

10:4 The one who is lazy becomes poor, but the one who works diligently becomes wealthy.

12:10 A righteous person cares for the life of his animal, but even the most compassionate acts of the wicked are cruel.
12:11 The one who works his field will have plenty of food, but whoever chases daydreams lacks wisdom.

12:27 The lazy person does not roast his prey, but personal possessions are precious to the diligent.

13:4 The appetite of the sluggard craves but gets nothing, but the desire of the diligent will be abundantly satisfied.

13:11 Wealth gained quickly will dwindle away, but the one who gathers it little by little will become rich.

13:18 The one who neglects discipline ends up in poverty and shame, but the one who accepts reproof is honored.

18:9 The one who is slack in his work is a brother to one who destroys.

21:5 The plans of the diligent lead only to plenty, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.

21:25 What the sluggard desires will kill him, for his hands refuse to work.

26:16 The sluggard is wiser in his own estimation than seven people who respond with good sense.
26:17 Like one who grabs a wild dog by the ears, so is the person passing by who becomes furious over a quarrel not his own.

24:30 I passed by the field of a sluggard, by the vineyard of one who lacks wisdom.
24:31 I saw that thorns had grown up all over it, the ground was covered with weeds, and its stone wall was broken down.
24:32 When I saw this, I gave careful consideration to it; I received instruction from what I saw:
24:33 “A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to relax,
24:34 and your poverty will come like a bandit, and your need like an armed robber.”