Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

"One of President Obama's winning points last night was about how sanctions against Iran are crippling their economy. And believe me, if anyone knows how to cripple an economy, it's President Obama." –Jay Leno

Pete
Old 12-18-2012, 03:24 AM
Admin

Just read this over at AK-Thanks, Donberry! Hope you don't mind that I re posted this. #41 here http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...=487961&page=3

"Of course there will always be skeptics no matter what, but I think everyone should read the CIA sponsored report on Climate Change and National Security and also check out Prof. Peter Wadhams, one of the leading experts on arctic ice.
In fact, you can go listen to an interview of Wadhams HERE
I personally thought it was something that everyone should here.

As for the skeptics, I would just say Eisenhower was not just warning us to have some fun in his farewell address. He saw the way things were going and tried to warn us, but we paid him no heed. What he said about science, which explains it all very succinctly (of course many will just disregard his words as hogwash. Truthiness is all that counts any more)
"Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present – and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite."

The reason it is to be gravely regarded - because they that control the money control the results. Is exactly what has gone with climate change. No matter what the vast, vast, vast majority of scientists say is going on, big oil can always find someone to refute the facts - and unfortunately it always ends up falling along party lines on what you believe.
Funny now tho - while our politicians are still debating what the "truth" is, seems the non-elected government takes it as a given and has been preparing for the worst for quite some time.
I used to believe, as did most scientists, that it was our grandchildren who would bear the brunt of this, turns out many of us will be around to witness what we have done.
Listen to the interview......as for those who disagree. Fine, I no longer "debate" it. Even if I did happen to be wrong, along with most every scientist, the worst thing that would have happened is we have an alternative to oil and yes, a bunch of workers in La and texas would have been dis-placed.
If (you are) you are wrong - our kids live in a mad max type world with huge food shortages and wars over water - and that is from the cia sponsored report.
Oh, and the guy who wrote that report, he suggests that the entire east coast should be moved away from the ocean.
So sad when I listen to my granddaughter tell me all the things she wants to do when she grows up.

wait until the summer ice is gone in 2014-2015.......worst part, even if by some miracle our politicians came together and enacted some measures to "slow things down".......it's too late. By the time their stuff even kicked in the arctic ice will be gone in the summer. Don;t think that is a big deal.....listen to the interview.
Funniest thing I read - I forget which one, but a major publication had an article about Wadhams report. It spelled out, briefly, everything he said is going to happen and then the kicker - the last part of the article talked about one good thing that will come of it is the arctic will be able to be drilled for oil.
We are absolutely amazing in our stupidity" Too true.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:56 AM
Admin

Donberry's link in the first paragraph is an audio interview well worth listening to, IMPO. Less than 15 minutes and dire.

Last edited by bobabode; 12-19-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

One scifi story I read long ago (can't remember the name!) called it 'Research-O-Rama'. Seems fitting.

Pete
Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
"One of President Obama's winning points last night was about how sanctions against Iran are crippling their economy. And believe me, if anyone knows how to cripple an economy, it's President Obama." –Jay Leno

Pete
Just wait until the Cuyahoga gains 15-20 feet at flood stage and then catches fire! You could put stilts under your house and some kindling...
Old 12-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LOL!!

Pete