Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68custom View Post
I love the term "clean coal" is there really such a thing?
Sure, just like VW’s Clean Diesel, lol.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Rick Perry is sludge in a suit and tie. He doesn't give a shit in Blankenship's hat for poor white disenfranchised working class Trump voters in coal country. The white country where white people automatically get to be in front of every brown person in the line for everything, is gone forever. Trump promised it and the poor white disenfranchised easy marks drank the kool aid.

I think poor white disenfranchised working class folk in coal country need to follow the advice that conservative Republicans have been handing out to black and brown people in this country since the Emancipation Proclamation...STFU and go get a job.
As the link I provided indicates, Hillary did the exact same pandering to the "coal crowd" in the 2016 election, but you only get exercised when Trump does it? Please explain.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
As the link I provided indicates, Hillary did the exact same pandering to the "coal crowd" in the 2016 election, but you only get exercised when Trump does it? Please explain.
Pandering, my ass. She suggested a $30 billion plan to help coal communities transition to a clean energy economy. She never backed off of her climate agenda which included active focus on the reduction of coal use in this country.

Got it?

Last edited by Ike Bana; 01-11-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Pandering, my ass. She suggested a $30 billion plan to help coal communities transition to a clean energy economy. She never backed off of her climate agenda which included active focus on the reduction of coal use in this country.

Got it?
No and he never will.

Whell's role here is to take an anti left/progressive/independent stance on every topic and post whatever he is able to regurgitate.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:17 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Citation? otherwise you're a liar, Mike.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Ready

He's not a liar. He just doesn't know the difference between truth and lies any more. And he loves Big Brother.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:37 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
He's not a liar. He just doesn't know the difference between truth and lies any more. And he loves Big Brother.
Okay, okay. So he's willfully full of crap. Happy?
Old 01-12-2018, 06:36 AM
Ready

Chill, friend. The contradiction was just to make the point, was not actually arguing with you.

Making the distinction between truth and lies impossible is a major goal of the propagandists, and they have succeeded 100% with whell and the legions of idiots like him. Such people become uncritical, empty vessels into which the cult dogma of leader worship can be poured.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:

Got it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
No and he never will.

Whell's role here is to take an anti left/progressive/independent stance on every topic and post whatever he is able to regurgitate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Failure to read, or comprehend, or both. See post 16 of this thread. From the quoted article:

Hillary Clinton, to her credit, candidly revealed during the primaries just how she would use neoliberalism to turnaround West Virginia’s economy.

"I’m the only candidate which has a policy about how to bring economic opportunity using clean renewable energy as the key into coal country. Because we’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business, right? .... Now we’ve got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don’t want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on. ... So I am passionate about this, which is why I have put forward specific plans about how we incentivize more jobs, more investment in poor communities, and put people to work."

Her passion for “incentivizing” private investment with government tax breaks and cash is at the core of Democratic neoliberalism. Put simply the idea is to bribe the private sector to come into hard hit areas like West Virginia to create jobs.

Except this never happens. Bill Clinton and Barak Obama failed to bring a modicum of economic prosperity to West Virginia. Donald Trump’s deregulatory approach will also leave West Virginia in poverty. The fact is that encouraging the rich to make more and more money does not create good paying jobs. For at least 40 years this has failed miserably leading to an ever increasing gap between the super-rich and the rest of us.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Okay, okay. So he's willfully full of crap. Happy?
Way to promote civility, Bob.