Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:03 PM
Admin

A little history, see 501 (c)(4) in particular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)....28c.29.284.29
Old 06-13-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisTAnimal View Post
And say buh-bye to any new innovations and R&D because the profit motive is now gone. Doctors will be forced to either accept the small pittance from big daddy government or quit altogether. Socialized medicine is a failure everywhere it's been tried. But you keep right on being the good little Communist drone that you are.
The nice thing about everything you post is that it is always totally false and you can't back any of it up one bit.

Carl
Old 06-13-2015, 08:00 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisTAnimal View Post
And say buh-bye to any new innovations and R&D because the profit motive is now gone. Doctors will be forced to either accept the small pittance from big daddy government or quit altogether. Socialized medicine is a failure everywhere it's been tried. But you keep right on being the good little Communist drone that you are.
We started saying buh-bye to that when Reagan slashed the tax rate and corporations started heaping huge salaries and bonuses on upper management/CEO's because they could now keep most of it instead of having to pay it to the government. Before they started giving it to themselves, they reinvested most of it into the companies and paying employees decent living wages.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Boris you would not know a soci@list if one bit you on the arse. I came from Canada and their healthcare system beats the chit out of what passes for healthcare here six ways from Sunday. Look up the statistics - they live longer are in better shape and up there 65% of bankruptcies are not caused by medical expenses as they are here. Oh yeah their R&D will match any country's.

Oh BTW all they did was replace Kaiser, Aetna, US Healthcare with government as the insurer - nothing else was changed. Sure we do research here - now they can cure you of Hepatitus C for a mere $100,000.00. And all it cost was a 0.8% tax on my taxable income and $54 per month for the whole family. Here the medical tax on income is at least 0.8% if not higher. Geez what a maroon.
I love it when Americans tell horror stories of Canadians on waiting lists for surgery.

Two years ago, I waited nearly two months for a hernia operation. A co-worker recently had to wait even longer for a rotator cuff operation.

So, what's the point?
Old 06-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I love it when Americans tell horror stories of Canadians on waiting lists for surgery.

Two years ago, I waited nearly two months for a hernia operation. A co-worker recently had to wait even longer for a rotator cuff operation.

So, what's the point?
Mindlessly repeating Rush/Fox, their only source of news.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:02 PM

Elbows flying, rhetorically, at Romney's 2016 retreat

Quote:
PARK CITY, Utah (AP) — Govs. Scott Walker and Chris Christie said presidential rivals in the Senate don't do anything. Sen. Marco Rubio denounced "old ways" in an indirect slap at older contenders. Sen. Lindsey Graham said his party may be going down a "death spiral" if it doesn't embrace minority and younger voters.
The fun has begun officially it seems.

http://news.yahoo.com/scott-walker-g...-election.html
Old 06-13-2015, 09:35 PM

Just missed it, flew out of SLC on the 10th. Odd venue, thot Park City was progressive. Provo would have been appropriate, bring your own rotten eggs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk