Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:29 PM

Your new 3rd party candidate

The only candidate with the means and the ends to end it all.....

(need to update to 2012 but he's not picky ; ) )
Old 04-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Area Man

How well received would he be among Southern Evangelicals?
After all, it was a little tight squeaking a Mormon past them..............................

Dave
Old 04-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
That would be an excellent question. I suppose the ancient tome should be checked for such things. *pulls out his trusty copy of the Necronomicon*

There is a "Mad" Arab involved so who's to say
Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
After all, it was a little tight squeaking a Mormon past them..............................

Dave
OH...I've already been reading the FB posts about the Mormon World Domination plans set forth so many years ago. At this point I don't see a way Obama can't win as between his camp and Santorum crew Romney will be done for. For this reason I throw my independent status behind the Cthulhu Camp!

Made me think of when my old Jewish boss told me "WWJD does not stand for "what would Jesus do?" but rather "World Wide Jewish Domination!" "

Last edited by Rex E.; 04-07-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Area Man

That's one I hadn't checked out. I have studied up on the history of Mormonism enough to know they pretty much weren't welcome anywhere. Thrown out of New York, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri................Had to go set up their own place, hence Salt Lake City.

Strange culture too, kind of Orwellian but with a religious base rather than a purely political one. Worked with a Mormon dude in the Navy for a few months. Not a bad guy at all, just very strict. To him, the smallest thing, like the coffee pot in the shop was offensive. And he made wierd comments like "Satan in a cup." when he saw someone pouring some. Bizarre. He had a long list of rules that he had to abide by concerning just about everything.

Anyhow, I'd have to know Chtulhus stance on the issues, but I'd consider him.

Dave
Old 04-07-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
That's one I hadn't checked out. I have studied up on the history of Mormonism enough to know they pretty much weren't welcome anywhere. Thrown out of New York, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri................Had to go set up their own place, hence Salt Lake City.

Strange culture too, kind of Orwellian but with a religious base rather than a purely political one. Worked with a Mormon dude in the Navy for a few months. Not a bad guy at all, just very strict. To him, the smallest thing, like the coffee pot in the shop was offensive. And he made wierd comments like "Satan in a cup." when he saw someone pouring some. Bizarre. He had a long list of rules that he had to abide by concerning just about everything.

Anyhow, I'd have to know Chtulhus stance on the issues, but I'd consider him.

Dave
We are extremely happy that you'll at least consider a "Great Old One"

Well...I'll be forty in a few short weeks ( i know, just a pup) but that will mean I have spent 40 years closely associated with two Mormons, mom and pop. Now, I've not been an "active" member for almost 25 years and I can say that some folks take things far more serious than other just as in any religion. Even Luther stood up hundreds of years ago and said "it ain't flesh and blood, dummies" and a whole new religion popped up.

there are reasons rules were put in place, if I remember the story correctly the tea and coffee rules were put in place as Mrs. Smith could not get the ladies to join her for meeting because it was tea/coffee time. Easy to deal with that, have your husband make it against the religion.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Area Man

About now I'd consider almost any third party candidate over the buffoons were being handed, even the "Great Horned One".

Very true. My mother took her religion way too serious. I bear the psychological scars of that to this day.

I'm not saying he was a bad guy at all. Actually he was very intelligent and hard working.....Just had some ways about him that I wasn't accustomed to.

The first time I'd ever heard the word "harlot" used in actual disgust came from him, when he realized his room mates had dragged a hooker into the barracks....

"I woke up and discovered a HARLOT in my room! I want something done about this immediately!"

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-07-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:14 PM

Another great thing that my old Jewish boss once told me was a story about her Orthodox father when she asked about all the rules and practices of his religion. He said "Peggy, this is what I've chosen for me and what I do. You may chose it for yourself also but always remember, it's not about the trappings"

That still resonates with me to this day as if folks could give up the "trappings" we might be able to come together for the common good.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
I have spent 40 years closely associated with two Mormons, mom and pop. Now, I've not been an "active" member for almost 25 years
You are seriously in arrears in your tithing. Just send me the 20% and I'll take care of it for ya.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:52 PM

um....it's only 10% but it is pre tax so.............