Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:06 AM

Since the election there has been a lot of chatter about how to bring more people over to the GOP. None of what I have heard involves any substance however. All they seem to be asking is how can they advertise to a larger audience. That's akin to asking what flavor icing can they put on the crappy policy agenda to make it more palatable.

What they need to do is explain how their policy agenda benefits a larger number of voters. If they can't do that then they need to change their policy agenda too, not just their advertising.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Area Man

I'm just tired of being told what I need to give up next to keep the rich folks happy.
And tired of being treated like I'm a whining little kid and/or I'm somehow a lesser American if I don't want to hand over my medicare and social security benefits so The Donald can get a tax cut.............

I'm so tired of that contived shit I could just choke the next dumbass that pulls it on me.

No, I don't give a flying shit if it hurts a billionaires feelings to have his taxes raised. He isn't going to miss any meals. F**k him.

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 AM

They are never happy.

I learned that on the aviation board debating against the 1%.

I have been busting my ass since I got out of high school. Working on farms, going to school at night, working as a technician, going to school at night, working as an engineer, going to school at night, finally becoming a patent attorney, not some scumbag ambulance chaser.

And what does some 1% f*ck tell me? I'm a mooch and he is a job creator. What did he do for a living again? Hmmm. Live with his parent's in a mansion and rip off the elderly in sweepstakes scams.

That is one f*cker I will not make it a point to meet. I would end up in prison.

The rest of the 1% has at least the same proportion of assholes as the majority of the population. Probably more. They are nothing special. They just have the ability to make bigger messes.

Last edited by ebacon; 11-12-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
What they need to do is explain how their policy agenda benefits a larger number of voters.
Well, you see, they can't do that.

So they just try to scare people.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I disagree, the GOP should stick on message - and do a better job of explaining it to minorities. Black folks and Hispanics are much more socially conservative than what I usually hear from the left.

As far as the original post, throughout much of history we've been marginalized - we will continue getting on with or without political influence. I suspect though that we will retain an outsided amount compared to our numbers.

Pete
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I disagree, the GOP should stick on message - and do a better job of explaining it to minorities. Black folks and Hispanics are much more socially conservative than what I usually hear from the left.

As far as the original post, throughout much of history we've been marginalized - we will continue getting on with or without political influence. I suspect though that we will retain an outsided amount compared to our numbers.

Pete
C'mon Pete. Tell us a story.

What is the message and how do republican party policy agendas benefit minorities?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Ok, ok, I'll tell you a story. It's about how poor people can only put out their garbage if the can is COMPLETELY full, and get fined if it's not. Heaven help them if it's out too early, or late.

I might be tempted to blather on about how only middle class people have easy access to things like Walmart.

With the proper beer, one could possibly get me to continue telling the horrific story of paying middle class people to crush their old cars, driving up used car prices and shrinking junkyard parts availability, or perhaps making gas expensive.

Then I'd get a little tired. Maybe another installment another time

Pete
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Ok, ok, I'll tell you a story. It's about how poor people can only put out their garbage if the can is COMPLETELY full, and get fined if it's not. Heaven help them if it's out too early, or late.

I might be tempted to blather on about how only middle class people have easy access to things like Walmart.

With the proper beer, one could possibly get me to continue telling the horrific story of paying middle class people to crush their old cars, driving up used car prices and shrinking junkyard parts availability, or perhaps making gas expensive.

Then I'd get a little tired. Maybe another installment another time

Pete
OK. So the Republicans were against Cash for Clunkers. That's a solid point.

Which Republican policy were you talking about when you referred to full garbage cans?

As for Wal-Mart, and every other store in the nation, being full of cheap imported goods, it was Al Gore that sold that idea to America. Republicans can't take credit on the sales pitch.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I'm speaking about poor people. The Democrat paradise also known as Cleveland Ohio amd it's likeminded inner ring suburbs are a giant patronage machine (including the garbage pickup and keeping large stores out, in Cleveland). You don't even want to know about the schools.

Pete
Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

Then you need to change your local government, only restriction I have is no more than four bags/boxes - don't have a garbage can.

No idea where Wally World is and no desire to find out.

Still driving two 12 year old cars and will keep on as long as they are good.

As it was recounted here the very rich should keep on getting the lion's share of everything. The SS contract is not really a contract. We the wealtiest nation cannot afford universal health care. Drug companies should be allowed to carge the unconscionable prices that they do. We tax the wealthy too much. That was the GOP message hereabouts so we went to the polls and told them where to stick it.