Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:38 AM

A dream, maybe this will be good, the meltdown

Hey Folks,
Sitting back in my chair and having my first cup of coffee this morning and a thought occurred to me.

Maybe this total fiasco in the GOP playground will actually, long term, change into a positive outcome. My hope and dream is that the GOP will take a few steps back and actually think about what it needs to be able to lead.

What if they changed into the party of intelligence, integrity, and leadership. What if they looked at things from the perspective of what is needed, rather than what is "GOP ideal"

Integrity, neither party puts integrity first. This would be the toughest part. I think it would mean many of its members would be out of a job(this would be the same if the dems held this Ideal).

Taxes, rather than talk about tax cuts, look at balancing a budget. Seriously, balancing a budget. Neither party does this.

Gun control, adamantly protect the second amendment but also hold individual accountable for the obtaining and use of their weapons.

The more I write, the more I realize I need a few more cups of coffee. It is a dream, but so unlikely.

time for the second cup.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:46 AM

If Trump loses then continues on with a media venture like has been rumored. That may well be the new GOP. Leaving those who choose not to join up, go to a third party.

Barney
Old 10-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

A new, improved GOP will have to have a base of support to exist. The trouble is that this deplorable base now belongs to Trump and believes in Trumpism. What remains of the GOP is the callous rich. Kinda hard to built a party out of that.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
A new, improved GOP will have to have a base of support to exist. The trouble is that this deplorable base now belongs to Trump and believes in Trumpism. What remains of the GOP is the callous rich. Kinda hard to built a party out of that.
I think there are a lot of good people in the GOP too. But the obvious remains, the party is split to heck and falling apart. It would be nice to see them repair themselves or evolve into a different and effective party.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:38 AM

I have little pity for the GOP. They created the TP as a tool in opposing President Obama and the Dems. Now the TP has taken over the party. Lets hope not the country!

Barney
Old 10-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Rational Anarchist

The GOP will evaporate when the Democratic party divides. A two term Clinton presidency might be the catalyst we need.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Plenty of callous rich wannabes out there.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:39 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Plenty of callous rich wannabes out there.
No kidding!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
The GOP will evaporate when the Democratic party divides. A two term Clinton presidency might be the catalyst we need.
A depressing thought, but then it's the 13th and I have not had my coffee yet.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
The Party of Jefferson? There will be no left-wing or progressive version of the Tea Party.
America has never worked that way, as you can see right now. Consensus determines power in America.

Last edited by icenine; 10-13-2016 at 09:42 AM.