Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:02 AM

It's local Pete, and hardly noteworthy. It's basically an infomercial masquerading as a Holiday Special.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Loyal Opposition

Got to see the band last night. Wish there had been more people there, but it was a Wednesday night at a bar. Not the biggest party night in KC. They did have a nice selection of brew on tap. Decided to try a Lancaster Black, and I wasn't disappointed.

I can say, with absolutely no objectivity, that the band keeps getting better. It was nice that they had a real pro doing the sound. The vocals were as clear as I have heard them. I'm really looking forward to the new CD.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Got to see the band last night. Wish there had been more people there, but it was a Wednesday night at a bar. Not the biggest party night in KC. They did have a nice selection of brew on tap. Decided to try a Lancaster Black, and I wasn't disappointed.

I can say, with absolutely no objectivity, that the band keeps getting better. It was nice that they had a real pro doing the sound. The vocals were as clear as I have heard them. I'm really looking forward to the new CD.

Regards,

D-Ray
Are you proud Poppa? Good for you!

Be sure and let us know when the CD comes out.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:

Regards,

D-Ray
Congrats! What does your son play and what type of music?
Old 10-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Congrats! What does your son play and what type of music?
Thanks. Bass, back-up vocals, and occasionally acoustic guitar. They write their own stuff - it's currently leaning toward prog rock and a little experimental electronic sound - mostly using effects pedals. They have a very high energy drummer and a lead singer who was also a drama student. The singer has a strong emotive voice, and he's starting to catch on that an effective rock scream is for effect rather than standard operating procedure (IMHO). The guitarist has a very clean, if somewhat restrained sound.

Thanks for the opportunity to drone on a little more. I get a bigger kick out of listening to them than I do humiliating a corporate exec on cross examination.

REgards,

D-Ray
Old 10-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

You should post a track or two D.

Had a great Friday evening, cool, spitting rain, perfect night for a big fire & Guiness.

This was the weekend of gutter cleaning. I don't mind mine (shallow and not to high roof) but my dad in laws I'd rather not, steeper and 2 stories. With a concrete patio underneath. Splat!

Saw my friends' little girl (luekemia), she's doing better apparently, because of the 16th gene? of the cancer she may not need a marrow transplant. Still a tough thing to take.

Got the speakers on the roof in preparation for this evening. Some Bose outdoor speakers I picked up at a garage sale for $15, first time I've hooked them up. They don't sound too bad, I plan on installing them under the eaves over the deck next spring.

Placement on the roof is interesting. I live in a ranch, 40' long across the front. I run the wires down the gutter.

One wire was a little short so on one side the speaker sat further in from the end and the roof acted like a bigger baffle - it sounded louder than the one close to the end.

Moved them around and the big flat roof worked really well. Too bad I can't permanently mount them up there, it wasn't obtrusive close in but I could hear it clearly at the street with very little volume (80+ feet away). On the back of the house it would be great for both the deck and the firepit.

Can't wait to get Disney's Halloween LP on tonight

Pete
Old 10-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
You should post a track or two D.

Had a great Friday evening, cool, spitting rain, perfect night for a big fire & Guiness.

This was the weekend of gutter cleaning. I don't mind mine (shallow and not to high roof) but my dad in laws I'd rather not, steeper and 2 stories. With a concrete patio underneath. Splat!

Saw my friends' little girl (luekemia), she's doing better apparently, because of the 16th gene? of the cancer she may not need a marrow transplant. Still a tough thing to take.

Got the speakers on the roof in preparation for this evening. Some Bose outdoor speakers I picked up at a garage sale for $15, first time I've hooked them up. They don't sound too bad, I plan on installing them under the eaves over the deck next spring.

Placement on the roof is interesting. I live in a ranch, 40' long across the front. I run the wires down the gutter.

One wire was a little short so on one side the speaker sat further in from the end and the roof acted like a bigger baffle - it sounded louder than the one close to the end.

Moved them around and the big flat roof worked really well. Too bad I can't permanently mount them up there, it wasn't obtrusive close in but I could hear it clearly at the street with very little volume (80+ feet away). On the back of the house it would be great for both the deck and the firepit.

Can't wait to get Disney's Halloween LP on tonight

Pete
I dunno, Pete. For a right wing wacko, you sure seem to have a number of redeeming social values. Taking care of your in-laws, visiting a sick kid, sounds like bleeding-heart stuff to me.

I cracked open a set of Bach organ works this weekend. That ought to be spooky enough for the little buggars dropping by tonight.

When the band finally gets the new CD out and some tracks posted, I'll provide a link.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Bach is good

Seemed like we got way more kids than usual.

Pete
Old 11-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Loyal Opposition

So I get to see the band again tonight at the Jackpot in Lawrence. My wife's off work tonight, so the boy will have a proud poppa and mamma in the audience. Maybe I can talk her into being the designated driver.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-05-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
So I get to see the band again tonight at the Jackpot in Lawrence. My wife's off work tonight, so the boy will have a proud poppa and mamma in the audience. Maybe I can talk her into being the designated driver.

Regards,

D-Ray
Well how'd it gpo or do you have hangover? Is this the first time the wife's seen them?