Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

I see the other bidders threw him under the bus, now he will be pouting all over the airwaves for weeks.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:44 PM

Rush, let's see:

I started listening to him in the late 90's, driving home from work. It took me about 3 weeks to realize he was a pompous blowhard leading sheep that could not think for themselves and were looking for a king to lead them.
I find I sound just as smart after a pitcher of beer, and at 5$ a pour, that is cheaper than Oxycodon.

Beck, I have never listened to him, and after what I have read here, I never will.

Hannity:

He follows the same doctrine that the Catholic Church he claims to be such a devout member of, don't read or think for yourselves, just follow what we holy folks tell you and we will promise you a place in heaven. Now repeat the suggested mantras ad nauseam to complete the lobotomy and follow the provided saints to the promise land.

Now can you fine folks suggest anyone worth listening to? Please keep in mind I live where the air waves are full of nothing but shitkicker music and crop reports, so I'm looking for someone pushing a strong (100k) signal.

It is such a beautiful day, 46 deg, overcast, 75% humidity, light wind from the north, I think I'll go out and have a cold one and watch the leaves fall.

Duck Smack 09 starts tomorrow, oh but ya'll knew that. No sleep tonight.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post

It is such a beautiful day, 46 deg, overcast, 75% humidity, light wind from the north, I think I'll go out and have a cold one and watch the leaves fall.

you defiantly found the value in this thread

Enjoy!
Old 10-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Loyal Opposition

Just for objectivity's sake, we should allow all to read the comments by Jason Whitlock that are claimed to be slanderous. Ironically enough, his comments appeared on an outlet of the Fox empire. Here is the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...no-to-Limbaugh

If Limbaugh were to pursue a defamation action based on the comments in this article, there would be only one unfortunate outcome. It would be kicked out of court before Limbaugh spent enough money to buy a minority interest in a semipro football team.

By the way, Limbaugh showed his journalistic integrity by attempting to twist another Whitlock column for his own use.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...112.guest.html

Warning - the graphics on the above site may cause one to lose one's lunch.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-17-2009, 08:37 AM

After doing some reading on this topic, I can't for the life of me figure out what race has to do with Rush buying in to an NFL team? Maybe someone here can help me understand.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
After doing some reading on this topic, I can't for the life of me figure out what race has to do with Rush buying in to an NFL team? Maybe someone here can help me understand.
It's simple. Rush has expressed racism and as a results the people of color along with like minded folks do not want to be associated with him nor work for him.

The age old law of what goes around comes around.

Is this trolling? (I never did understand that post)
Old 10-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
It's simple. Rush has expressed racism and as a results the people of color along with like minded folks do not want to be associated with him nor work for him.

The age old law of what goes around comes around.

Is this trolling? (I never did understand that post)

I do think he shot off his mouth and paid the price. Course he could have said nothing and would have still paid. Its his nature to stir shit and we all know that shit stirrers smell too.

With that said I do share a small part of his views about todays sports figures.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

With that said I do share a small part of his views about todays sports figures.
We all do, it's the stereotyping of them that is more the issue.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Is it stereotyping if its true ?
Old 10-17-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Is it stereotyping if its true ?
Not where I come from. I also understand he's being blamed for things that he never said.

But I haven't followed this very close.

A couple of points I'd like to make.

Rush became hooked on painkillers due to a bad back, to the best of my understanding. Even my old buddy, who was a rabid democrat, but who had also had two back operations, was willing to give him a pass on that one. And as one who has wound up lying on the floor, screaming, with tears running down your face because you back went out, I will too.

And if Rush is unfit to own a part of an NFL team because he's a racist...what about Soros. He owns part of one and he worked for the Nazi's when he was a kid. And from what I've read, he's quite unapologetic about it.

There's a lot worse people in this world than Rush...whether you like him or not. Cut him some slack.

Chas