Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

But I gotta go. Have to drag my knuckles into the other room and watch "O'Reilly".

Chas
why?

just why?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
why?

just why?
Why not?

Have you ever watched O'Reilly? He can be a blowhard, 80% of the time his show disgusts even me, but he does have a history of addressing issues that are ignored by the rest of the American MSM.

He interviewed Obama, who was smart to interject himself into this venue. And O'Reilly was amazing even handed in his treatment to Obama, which really pissed off the Far Right Wing. Actually, the FRW hates his guts. O'Reilly says a lot of good thing about Obama.

I remember years ago Bill interviewed Larry Klayman, AKA Judicial Watch. Klayman was really ambushing the Clinton Administration at the time, and Bill had just gone through two IRS audits because of his critique of the Clintons.

And do you know what happened? Contrary to the popular belief that O'Reilly is a FRW shill, Bill raked Klayman's ass over the coals.

In closing, do not dismiss opposing viewpoints out of hand. Distance yourself from your preconceived notions. To tell the truth, I think that O'Reilly is probably more aligned with your core beliefs than I am. He is from New York.

And one more thing...Karl Rove ain't Bezelebub by a long shot. I admire his opinion, much like Pat Caddell's.

Chas

BTW, Noon...what yew NY Yankees use fer speakers?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Obama, as long as the teleprompter is working, and Palosi if it ain't.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:36 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
Pond muck, actually.
Stable muck comes closer IMO.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Why not?

Have you ever watched O'Reilly? He can be a blowhard, 80% of the time his show disgusts even me, but he does have a history of addressing issues that are ignored by the rest of the American MSM.

He interviewed Obama, who was smart to interject himself into this venue. And O'Reilly was amazing even handed in his treatment to Obama, which really pissed off the Far Right Wing. Actually, the FRW hates his guts. O'Reilly says a lot of good thing about Obama.

I remember years ago Bill interviewed Larry Klayman, AKA Judicial Watch. Klayman was really ambushing the Clinton Administration at the time, and Bill had just gone through two IRS audits because of his critique of the Clintons.

And do you know what happened? Contrary to the popular belief that O'Reilly is a FRW shill, Bill raked Klayman's ass over the coals.

In closing, do not dismiss opposing viewpoints out of hand. Distance yourself from your preconceived notions. To tell the truth, I think that O'Reilly is probably more aligned with your core beliefs than I am. He is from New York.

And one more thing...Karl Rove ain't Bezelebub by a long shot. I admire his opinion, much like Pat Caddell's.

Chas

Sorry I can't stand the arrogant know it all attitude that he has. My dislike of O'Reilly is more about this and less about agenda.
Beck and Hannity I dislike for closed minded, yesteryear, non cerebral hate.

Rove is a dirty little round man. He and James CarvilleI think are more responsible for politicians just plain lying to the masses than any others.
This "just look straight into the camera and lie" philosophy has been more damaging to our country than the Viet Nam war.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Resident octogenarian

Having once had a fishpond out back either one is a fitting epithet.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:13 AM

The Question:

Quote:
Why not??
The Answer:

Quote:
He can be a blowhard, 80% of the time his show disgusts even me
Same reason I don't watch Olberman any more. Tired of being a puppet. Tired of having my emotions manipulated for someone elses political agenda. I'll decide what I care about all on my own. And I'm trying not to get angry about it all the time.

O'Riley is an ass and a poor example of how to live a positive life. Reason enough for me.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
The Question:

The Answer:

Same reason I don't watch Olberman any more. Tired of being a puppet. Tired of having my emotions manipulated for someone elses political agenda. I'll decide what I care about all on my own. And I'm trying not to get angry about it all the time.

O'Riley is an ass and a poor example of how to live a positive life. Reason enough for me.
I totally agree about Olberman and the lesbian girl. It's ashame because both are bright articulate folks. MSNBC I think is making a big mistake in entering the Fox loony tunes news category.

Last edited by noonereal; 09-17-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
The Question:

The Answer:

Come on guys, ya gotta pick through the shit to find a kernel of corn.

Chas
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Come on guys, ya gotta pick through the shit to find a kernel of corn.

Chas
I tried that meal once. Too much shit, not enough corn.