Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Not so Eddie...most people give credit for putting the AMERICAN people first...take this...........

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/793864.html

Well done Mr. President!
Agreed - well done!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
Most of the trouble right now is strictly the result of bigotry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/op...dowd.html?_r=1

It has been simmering since the election and now it's boiling over.

The more crap that folks can throw out there to dis-credit him (almost entirely false), the less Presidential he will appear, apparently. Joe Wilson's outburst was calculated, trying to get a reaction in addition to distracting from the President's speech on healthcare. Now Wilson has a campaign video to raise money for his pending campaign based on his outburst.
Joe Wilson is a member of the SCV? Now there's a radical organization for you. Just lousy full of Democrats, lots of historians, whose purpose is to remember their ancestors who fought for the Confederacy. You have to be able to document an ancestor who fought for the South to be a member.

And as far as Ms Dowd attempting to put words in Mr. Wilsons mouth "You lie, boy", she simply reveals herself as the race baiter.

Chas
Old 09-13-2009, 09:58 PM

I do think Wilson's outburst was calculated. But I think it failed to achieve it's mission. And the man is an ass.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:20 AM

"Liar, liar, Pants on fire..." Well, SOMEBODY had to say it...Fess up, now, all y'all were THINKIN' about it...(grin)
Old 09-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well let's see; under all the proposals so far you will only get a subsidy from the government based upon what your tax forms say - how many illegals file tax forms? Some illegals file tax forms but rather than an SSN they use a special number provided by the IRS, so it is known that they are illegals. Nothing in the plans stops an illegal from buying health insurance, but how many could possibly afford it?

Wilson is simply following a long line of SC pols, all down through history they have been involved in some rather rowdy congressional behaviour.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
Most of the trouble right now is strictly the result of bigotry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/op...dowd.html?_r=1

It has been simmering since the election and now it's boiling over.

The more crap that folks can throw out there to dis-credit him (almost entirely false), the less Presidential he will appear, apparently. Joe Wilson's outburst was calculated, trying to get a reaction in addition to distracting from the President's speech on healthcare. Now Wilson has a campaign video to raise money for his pending campaign based on his outburst.
Heck, I didn't know they had T-Shirts, thanks for the heads up Waj. Last count was 750k in donations to Mr. Wilsons campaign since his "outburst".

As far as looking "less presidential" I don't think he needs any help. He takes care of that all by himself. Of course I would have to give some credit to the two morons seated behind him in that speach. So, what's all the "entirely false" stuff that's being thrown out there about poor ol' Barry?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Heck, I didn't know they had T-Shirts, thanks for the heads up Waj. Last count was 750k in donations to Mr. Wilsons campaign since his "outburst".

As far as looking "less presidential" I don't think he needs any help. He takes care of that all by himself. Of course I would have to give some credit to the two morons seated behind him in that speach. So, what's all the "entirely false" stuff that's being thrown out there about poor ol' Barry?

Speakin' of outbursts, I bet Obie got a kick outta this one. And folks wonder why I live in a white county .. with my own kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOOPHe3QHU
Old 09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Resident octogenarian

Ah you need to be more broad minded, I live in one of the few Republican districts in Maryland but I don't hold it against them.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 AM

Joe Wilson's apology was hollow based on his current defiant tone...I know what his views are and they are not mine.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
As compared to the previous two morons? Oh you know TD, the stories about McCain not being a US citizen because he was born in the Canal Zone that is part of Panama.