Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:24 PM

I saw some footage of DC yesterday, and wow, I can't believe they didn't have the National Guard out there hosing down that un-ruley mob of trouble makers. Most of the ones I saw were obviously hardened criminals, and I know you all won't believe this, but some of them had signs disagreeing with more deficit spending. I think at the very least, some rubber bullets would have been merited.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I saw some footage of DC yesterday, and wow, I can't believe they didn't have the National Guard out there hosing down that un-ruley mob of trouble makers. Most of the ones I saw were obviously hardened criminals, and I know you all won't believe this, but some of them had signs disagreeing with more deficit spending. I think at the very least, some rubber bullets would have been merited.

You're right 2dogs! What a shameful expression of patriotism! AND just think...there were Democrats, Republicans and Independents, young and old alike. Shouting ocscene slogans...like...NO MORE TAXES!..NO MORE BAILOUTS! AND carrying flags and signs! YOU WORK FOR US! WE NEED JOBS! NO ACORN! CLEAR OUT CORRUPTION! Why if we're not careful...this might spread. Hope children were not watching.

Last edited by painter; 09-13-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:17 PM

Ahhh, they shoulda mowed 'em down in the street like the Mad Dogs they are...Imagine the nerve & the temerity of ANYONE saying naughty things bout our exalted government...It's THEIR money, THEY know better than us dum peasants & peons on how to spend it...Death to the ingrates 'n' infidels !!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Ahhh, they shoulda mowed 'em down in the street like the Mad Dogs they are...Imagine the nerve & the temerity of ANYONE saying naughty things bout our exalted government...It's THEIR money, THEY know better than us dum peasants & peons on how to spend it...Death to the ingrates 'n' infidels !!
Irony- a thread that started about people who actually *do* want death was somehow transformed into a thread that implies others want death.

Irony- not so long ago, if you disagreed with the leaders, they actually DID accuse you of being un-American. Now that they don't everyone is crying that they do.

Now that's rhetoric.

Take care,

Ed
Old 09-13-2009, 04:40 PM

Funny thing how there are NEVER any "Left-Wing Nut Cases"...I guess the Left have a monopoly on what's Good, Right (Excuse the pun..) 'n' Fair ?!? The Left NEVER lies, makes Enemies Lists like that cur Nixon did-and Shrub prolly did, too...or destroys property & kills people ? Only those on the right do those sorts of things, don't they ?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:32 PM

All joking aside, I actually had goose-flesh yesterday while watching these people. And Sandy is right, there were Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, you name it. Out of all the signs I saw, and it must have been over 100, there was only one that was what I'd call rude. Some college age looking guy had a small sign that said Obama sucks. Of all the interviews I watched Griff Jenkins do, they all had basically the same message; "We want our freedoms, stop spending like a drunken sailor on shore leave, and keep the government out of the health insurance business. I was literally beaming with pride when I saw all the older folks there, and almost cried when an old Marine was interviewed. He said that he had fought for this country's freedom before, and he was proud to be able to do it again. I think all these libs that are just laughing this off, and calling the people of this movement foul and disrespectful names, would do good to re-think their stance. Glenn Beck may get overly theatrical at times, but he's no joke. Ask Van Jones if he thinks he's just a clown? The American People are banding together like they haven't since 9-12 after the towers fell. I just can't wait until the 2010 elections.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:12 PM

It appears to me that most of the folks who attend these rallies are constitutionalists, although I'm sure that it will be argued that they know nothing more about the constitution than they do about the theory of relativity.

And let's not forget, that constitutionalists were painted as terrorists in a DHS memo earlier in they year...although it has been indicated that many of the points on this memo were taken from the SPLC.

Now let me get this straight in my mind...if you believe in the Constitution of the United States...you're a terrorist? And if you disagree with the way our government is being managed, you're a nut job? And a lackey of Faux News and the VRWC?

In my not so humble opinion, anyone who believes this is a damn fool.

There. I said it, and I mean it. And I've got it right.

Chas
Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 PM

Most of the trouble right now is strictly the result of bigotry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/op...dowd.html?_r=1

It has been simmering since the election and now it's boiling over.

The more crap that folks can throw out there to dis-credit him (almost entirely false), the less Presidential he will appear, apparently. Joe Wilson's outburst was calculated, trying to get a reaction in addition to distracting from the President's speech on healthcare. Now Wilson has a campaign video to raise money for his pending campaign based on his outburst.

Last edited by wajobu; 09-13-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Irony-

Irony- not so long ago, if you disagreed with the leaders, they actually DID accuse you of being un-American. Now that they don't everyone is crying that they do

Ed
Not so Eddie...most people give credit for putting the AMERICAN people first...take this...........

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/793864.html

Well done Mr. President!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Funny thing how there are NEVER any "Left-Wing Nut Cases"...
Are you kidding?

How 'bout my good Colorado buddy Ward Churchill? Nah, it's not that there aren't any. It's just that they are so outnumbered by right-wing nut jobs they pale in comparison. lol