Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:11 PM

Tiller shot down in church

Just south of me in Witchita, and they actually apprehended the suspect in my small town (out on the highway). I don't reckon murder is "right", no matter how or where you do it. I guess there is such a thing as Karma, good, and bad.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:29 PM

I hope they give the stoopit sumbich the death penalty & "fast track" it as much as possible...I'm up to my @ss w/these self-righteous "Christians" doing crap like this... Make an example outta him...
Old 06-01-2009, 04:35 PM

Now I'm pretty damn religious myself. And parts of the Bible I try to follow literally.

Like, "Do not stand in the way of a sinner". I think it's pretty much the first verse of Psalms. I'm also a big fan of "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth."

Well, this Bible thumpin' whacko not only stood it the way of a sinner, he murdered him.

Reckon it's "tooth for a tooth" time. But that's just the way us hardcore Methodists react,
Chas
Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

So this righteous Christian murdered another man in a Church, as a non church going christian that does not surprise me in the least. I would suggest that if you seek God, look in your own heart as a Church is the unlikliest place for him to be.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Reckon it's "tooth for a tooth" time. But that's just the way us hardcore Methodists react,
Chas
Being brought up in a Baptist Church, my wife and I ended up in a Methodist congregation after we married.

I knew I had settled in to my new denomination when someone remarked "May the force be with you", and I caught myself replying "...and also with you."
"Ecpyrosis" will not be found in most dictionaries, but it is a philosophical term of the stoics, from the greek "ekpyrosis", and it means: "conflagration; the periodic resolution of all things into fire".
Old 06-02-2009, 01:49 PM

Add on?

This is kind of off topic, but there could be a connection. I've read that in American public schools, the teaching of ANY religion is banned; this ban being taken seriously enough so that any teacher breaking it even just once can lose their job. How does this square with some schools being so hard-line Christian that 'creationism' is taught as fact?

I could have got the above completely wrong. I'm in the U.K. so can only go by what I've read; just looking for informed opinion and trying to reconcile what seems like two contradictory rules.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM

Religion in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
This is kind of off topic, but there could be a connection. I've read that in American public schools, the teaching of ANY religion is banned; this ban being taken seriously enough so that any teacher breaking it even just once can lose their job. How does this square with some schools being so hard-line Christian that 'creationism' is taught as fact?

I could have got the above completely wrong. I'm in the U.K. so can only go by what I've read; just looking for informed opinion and trying to reconcile what seems like two contradictory rules.
I think it depends where you are, as the School Board has the final say, pretty much.

I don't think our local teachers are overtly Christian, but they probably don't get hired if they're anti Christian. Now if one of them were to suggest that too much money is spent on the football program, they would most likely be burned at the stake.

As a local businessman, I make a point of not being critical of the "sacred cows". In America, people practice economic genocide. And if you prove them wrong, they blame you.

Chas
Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 PM

I just think that the alleged shooter is yet another example of the hypocritical nature of the argument on the whole topic of the anti-abortion movement.

I'll stick with "Safe, Legal & Rare"
Old 06-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
I just think that the alleged shooter is yet another example of the hypocritical nature of the argument on the whole topic of the anti-abortion movement.
+1
Old 06-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Resident octogenarian

Interesting OpEd piece in the Post this AM that just about accused Bill Riley of egging the shooter on. Since I never listen to anything on Fox I don't know how accurate her accusations are.

Odd, how come the lefties don't have deranged killers? Guess Limbaugh can be grateful.