Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 12-14-2016, 01:16 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
How is it traitorous?
By saying that the victims of illegal hacks by Russia had it coming to them (e.g., they deserved it, karma, etc.). I interpret that as applauding the illegal actions of a our primary geopolitical foe (something Trump himself did when he said “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” a statement former CIA chief Leon Panetta reacted to as follows: “I find those kinds of statements to be totally outrageous because you’ve got now a presidential candidate who is, in fact, asking the Russians to engage in American politics. I just think that’s beyond the pale.”). I agree with Panetta regarding Trump's support (and Whell's from my POV) for Russian hacking. YMMV.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.

Last edited by finnbow; 12-14-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-14-2016, 01:20 PM
MrPots MrPots is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
The GOP has been running on an anti government since 1980 and has seen significant success. Trump won as an anti establishment candidate, he's not going to stop now and this is a constituency safe issue. In the overall scheme of things it's a tempest in a teapot.
Unfortunately his anti government campaign is evolving into a total corporatocracy which in the end will be disastrous for the average taxpayer who will end up making up for the taxes the wealthy and corporations will be relieved of, and for the working man who will see any work and wage guarantees evaporate and end of life safety nets like SS and medicare dissolved.

Trump voters have pretty much fucked over themselves and everyone else but the ultra wealthy.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-14-2016, 01:34 PM
nailer's Avatar
nailer nailer is offline
Rational Anarchist
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
By saying that the victims of illegal hacks by Russia had it coming to them (e.g., they deserved it, karma, etc.). I interpret that as supporting the illegal actions of a our primary geopolitical foe (something Trump himself did when he said “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” a statement former CIA chief Leon Panetta reacted to as follows: “I find those kinds of statements to be totally outrageous because you’ve got now a presidential candidate who is, in fact, asking the Russians to engage in American politics. I just think that’s beyond the pale.”). I agree with Panetta regarding Trump's support (and Whell's from my POV) for Russian hacking. YMMV.
Based on your argument, mine does.
__________________
"We have met the enemy and he is us."
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-14-2016, 01:38 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Based on your argument, mine does.
Fine, but I just happen to object to encouraging or supporting Russian hacks of our electoral process. I'm funny like that.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-14-2016, 01:47 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The intelligence community is not disputing that this was directed by the Kremlin. In fact, they said exactly that in a formal release on October 7. What's fake is John Bolton's (under consideration for Trump's Deputy SoS, BTW) assertion that this was a false flag operation, possibly orchestrated by the Obama administration. You seem perfectly content to have Bolton and Michael Flynn spewing demonstrably ridiculous and false shit like this while complaining that the NYTimes correctly reported the nature of the CIA's intelligence assessment.
Oh, you mean the October 7th memo that also stated that the Russian activity couldn't influence the election?

The USIC and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) assess that it would be extremely difficult for someone, including a nation-state actor, to alter actual ballot counts or election results by cyber attack or intrusion. This assessment is based on the decentralized nature of our election system in this country and the number of protections state and local election officials have in place. States ensure that voting machines are not connected to the Internet, and there are numerous checks and balances as well as extensive oversight at multiple levels built into our election process.

So, how again was the Kremlin going to influence the election in favor or Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You're really ought to just give up on your silly misdirection and projection when it comes to fake news. You obviously have no idea what it is and you sound more unhinged and idiotic (i.e., like Tom Joad) with every post.
If there's anyone who would know unhinged, it would be you Finn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Bernie was never one of their own. He was a registered Independent. Regardless, your apparent position that the DNC's actions vis-a-vis Bernie somehow justify Russia's actions is as ridiculous as it is traitorous.
Oh, I see. So, even though it was specifically against the DNC by-laws, you're saying that it was perfectly OK for Debbie and others in the DNC to make the decision to tip the scales for Hillary because "he was never one of their own." Pretty friggin lousy attempt at justification.

And you know damn right well that I was not "justifying" Russia's actions. Keep flailing, though. You'll hit the target eventually. "Karma's a bitch", "what goes around comes around", "comeuppance"...pick your favorite expression. Debbie and company screwed Sanders, so no one should be weeping for them if their actions got them broomed.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-14-2016, 01:48 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14,189
If illegal foreign interference with our election doesn't qualify as 'enemy action,' I'm not sure what does.

Treason, per the constitution, ..."adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Denying, defending, or openly inviting the enemy action seems to meet the 'aid and comfort' test, to me.
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-14-2016, 01:48 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
By saying that the victims of illegal hacks by Russia had it coming to them (e.g., they deserved it, karma, etc.). I interpret that as applauding the illegal actions of a our primary geopolitical foe ....
I'm sure you would interpret it that way. Most of your "interpretations" of my posts have been pretty self-serving.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-14-2016, 01:51 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm sure you would interpret it that way. Most of your "interpretations" of my posts have been pretty self-serving.
Most of your interpretations have been defense of treason.
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-14-2016, 02:00 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Oh, you mean the October 7th memo that also stated that the Russian activity couldn't influence the election?

The USIC and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) assess that it would be extremely difficult for someone, including a nation-state actor, to alter actual ballot counts or election results by cyber attack or intrusion. This assessment is based on the decentralized nature of our election system in this country and the number of protections state and local election officials have in place. States ensure that voting machines are not connected to the Internet, and there are numerous checks and balances as well as extensive oversight at multiple levels built into our election process.
You conveniently skipped the first sentence:

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process.

What you highlighted is their belief that voting machines can't be hacked via the Internet - a true statement that doesn't contradict the point they made in the first paragraph. They're drawing a distinction between email hacking (which they believe the Russians did) and hacking voting machines (which they didn't).

I'm tired of going around in circles with you on this. If you're trying to somehow draw an equivalency between Trump, Flynn and Bolton spewing fake news with the NYTimes accurately reportedly on a CIA analysis that you don't like, you're pissing in the wind, but too obtuse to understand why your feet are wet.

I'm done with this thread until the next time you post a bogus "fake news" article from the WashPost or the NYTimes, at which time I'll again be happy to point out how ridiculous you are.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.

Last edited by finnbow; 12-14-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-14-2016, 02:10 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I interpret that as applauding the illegal actions of a our primary geopolitical foe (something Trump himself did when he said “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” a statement former CIA chief Leon Panetta reacted to as follows: “I find those kinds of statements to be totally outrageous because you’ve got now a presidential candidate who is, in fact, asking the Russians to engage in American politics. I just think that’s beyond the pale.”). I agree with Panetta regarding Trump's support (and Whell's from my POV) for Russian hacking. YMMV.
I found that statement hilarious. Your mileage may vary.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.