Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Wow, really? It's great here near as I can tell. I have an awesome office with a view of the mountains (it's spectacular, really). Most days it's a stunning views. I'm downtown on Lincoln- two blocks from the Capitol. Only time it's not clear is when there's weather.
I'm glad to hear it. I lived in the Springs at the same time Chas is speaking of. Heading north on I-25 I'd see Denver as this huge brown dome on the horizon from about Castle Rock on. It was really bad.

John
Old 12-03-2009, 01:55 PM

ok ill bite. time travel as is currenty viewed is not possible. however if we adopt a new view of time then this could change the rules.

lets view time as a multilane highway running from the past into the future. the drivers in each lane heading towards an infinate # of outcomes. it would folow that a driver may at some point decide to change lanes thereby altering not only the drivers outcome but all others that intersect with it.

within this construct decision making is a form of time travel. it therefor is necassary to uncover what is a true decision. i belive that it is a result of viewing many possible outcomes and altering ones course to produce the desired result. if this is true then we are already viewing the future. as linear lifeforms we are bound by our limited view of the universe and indeed the multiverse and thusly cannot imagine al of the variables that would have to be accounted for to truly travel interdimensionaly in time. this dose not meen that it cannot be done only that we are not aware or evolved enough to anticapate the requirments of such an endeavor.

we would need to know the exact location of every partical of matter in every brane in every possible universe and every outcome to produce a target.this is the stoping block as we do not have a system of calculation that would allow us to produce the final proof.

energy production would not be a issue if we did posess this advanced math. since i feel it is almost certain that discoveries made along the way to the advent of the "ID equation" would have allowed access to the limitless energy all around us

this is a great thread. and my cheese dip is getting cold

more later if anyone is int..
Old 12-03-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I'm glad to hear it. I lived in the Springs at the same time Chas is speaking of. Heading north on I-25 I'd see Denver as this huge brown dome on the horizon from about Castle Rock on. It was really bad.

John
Wow, I'll have to investigate- maybe they did something to help. Or maybe I'm oblivious. But it sure seems great to me!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post

this is a great thread. and my cheese dip is getting cold

tell me more bout the dip.

more later if anyone is int..
I am interested.

Sadly however time travel is not possible because what we refer to as time is simply a measure of change and as things are always changing you would have to change everything back to what it was and in so doing you would be right back there with everyone and everything so you would not have gone back in time, you would have changed back to what was.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Wow, I'll have to investigate- maybe they did something to help. Or maybe I'm oblivious. But it sure seems great to me!
I hope it is. I really loved Colorado back then and it broke my heart to see the bad air around Denver - that and those huge white scars on the Front Range from the gypsum strip mines.

John
Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I hope it is. I really loved Colorado back then and it broke my heart to see the bad air around Denver - that and those huge white scars on the Front Range from the gypsum strip mines.

John
It must have been from automobile pollution, has anything else really changed since then? Well, I guess they moved the airport.

Chas
Old 12-03-2009, 06:50 PM

As I understand it, time travel isn't known to violate any discovered laws of physics. In fact, time travel forward is not only possible, the means are known and have been tested.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It must have been from automobile pollution, has anything else really changed since then? Well, I guess they moved the airport.

Chas
Weather patterns! Global warming GOOD!

Probably cars mostly. Emission controls, unleaded fuels and catalytic converters were pretty new then and the 55 MPH speed limit had just been introduced. Not much had been done about smoke stack pollution. As a result we were probably still at our worst air quality.

John
Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
As I understand it, time travel isn't known to violate any discovered laws of physics. In fact, time travel forward is not only possible, the means are known and have been tested.
Not sure what you mean but time is relative, I agree. This and time travel are two different things however.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Yes, hasn't it occurred (at CERN?) that subatomic particles fired from their accelerator have arrived before they left? Pretty freakin' cool!

John