Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 09:18 PM

Bud is two execs Lite-r

Anheuser-Busch has placed two executives who managed Bud Light’s sponsorship of two Instagram posts from a transgender woman on leave, according to the Wall Street Journal and other media reports.

Ad Age was the first to report that Alissa Heinerscheid, Bud Light’s vice president of marketing, was placed on leave. Todd Allen, most recently Budweiser’s vice president of global marketing, is set to replace her. Daniel Blake, Anheuser-Busch’s vice president who oversees market for mainstream brands, was also put on leave, according to the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/24/busin...ave/index.html
Old 04-25-2023, 12:04 AM

You had to go there.

I thought it was funny, but it sure sent the right wingers into a frenzy.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
You had to go there.

I thought it was funny, but it sure sent the right wingers into a frenzy.
It really wasn't a "right winger" issue, though there were certainly those who want to make it only that.

Sales of the product fell 17% in dollars and 21% in volume following an ad campaign. That's a huge failure reflecting a marketing strategy that ended up handing market share to Bud's competitors. That is the issue.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:51 AM

I personally know plenty of ... I will leave it there, that dumped what they had and stopped buying that beer flavored water because thy were triggered by a can.

Must be a coincidence they are all "right wingers".

Just how it worked out in my sphere.
Old 04-25-2023, 06:57 AM

whell, Bud is two execs Lite-r

I see what you did there.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
[I]Anheuser-Busch has placed two executives who managed Bud Light’s sponsorship of two Instagram posts from a transgender woman on leave, according to the Wall Street Journal and other media reports.
So...what have we learned here? We have learned like the rest of conservative Republican christian extremist assholes...whell has an obsession with transgender American citizens.

I suspect he is also a fan of states that now have laws interfering with mental health gender-affirming care of minors, and believe it or not, in Missouri and other red states, making mental health gender-affirming care of adult Americans illegal.

What ever happened to "my body, my choice" eh? We know what happened...when it's my body my choice related to covid vaccinations it's fine, but if you're a kid or an adult with gender identity issues, or a pregnant American woman, it ain't "my body, my choice" anymore.

Fucking hypocrites.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:42 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Anheuser-Busch has placed two executives who managed Bud Light’s sponsorship of two Instagram posts from a transgender woman on leave, according to the Wall Street Journal and other media reports.

Ad Age was the first to report that Alissa Heinerscheid, Bud Light’s vice president of marketing, was placed on leave. Todd Allen, most recently Budweiser’s vice president of global marketing, is set to replace her. Daniel Blake, Anheuser-Busch’s vice president who oversees market for mainstream brands, was also put on leave, according to the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/24/busin...ave/index.html
Who cares? I haven't drunk an American macro-lager, much less a light beer, in ~45 years when I moved to Germany and discovered the difference between real beer and the swill that is American macro-lager. I moved back just as the craft beer trend took off and I haven't looked back.

Last edited by finnbow; 04-25-2023 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:14 AM
Banned

If weed is still controlled, to whatever degree, so should the two most addictive substances...nicotine and alcohol.

Although there is often debate about the behavior and the ethics (or lack thereof) of the founders...most US history scholars agree that the founders would be tearing out their hair (or at least tossing off their wigs), and yanking out their wooden teeth at the notion that the government should have anything to say about what any citizen of this country decides to put into their body.

Meantime...the entirety of whell's ilk is homophobic/transphobic scum floating on the top in the septic tank.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
So...what have we learned here? We have learned like the rest of conservative Republican christian extremist assholes...whell has an obsession with transgender American citizens.

I suspect he is also a fan of states that now have laws interfering with mental health gender-affirming care of minors, and believe it or not, in Missouri and other red states, making mental health gender-affirming care of adult Americans illegal.

What ever happened to "my body, my choice" eh? We know what happened...when it's my body my choice related to covid vaccinations it's fine, but if you're a kid or an adult with gender identity issues, or a pregnant American woman, it ain't "my body, my choice" anymore.

Fucking hypocrites.
Well, Ike, you can have that take-away if you want. But I know you'll also not let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Frankly, since you asked, I could care less about trans-gender American adults. They can do what they want with their bods, dress however they see fit, etc. Minors who are generally not equipped to make adult decisions even on their best days should not have access to such care - particularly like the WA bill that would allow a minor to undergo treatment w/o their parent's knowledge - should have such care delayed until adulthood.

Now, back on topic: the takeaway here is that a pair of marketing execs made a decision to use their advertising to make a statement about something that has nothing really to do with their product. This is referred to as "image advertising".

Sometimes that works out really well. Here's an example of an image add that Budweiser did a few years ago. It's truly memorable, it associates the product with values of hard work and sacrifice while also sneaking in a bit of commentary on "anti-immigration".

Image ads don't work well in all cases. Bud Lite's latest is an example of such an ad. It alienated customers: both men who don't identify with this particular spokesperson and women who saw Mulvaney piling on stereotypical female behavior.

In turn, sales dropped. Bud's distributors also took a hit. By every objective metric, this was an ad campaign that was ill-conceived and poorly executed.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:48 AM
Rational Anarchist

The market responded to the marketing ploy and the company canned those responsible for its adverse impact on sales. Bud's response was appropriate.