Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:55 PM

Legalize Pot and Tax it.

Is California going to do this? I'm sure there are a million reasons why it hasn't been done nation wide (most due to corruption), but it certainly makes sense to me. What say you fine folks?
Old 08-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Land of the free, home of the brave. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

"Wild tomato plants" are kind of a no brainer. Just decriminalize it, within a couple of years people would have so much of it they'd be hauling it to the dump.

As far as heroin, cocaine, LSD, etc, etc...legalize it and control it like booze. Kind of a lousy solution, but it will kill off the gangsters. And parents can quit telling little Nimrod not to do it because it's against the law. They can show little Nimrod a junkie lying on the street corner with a needle hanging out of his arm and say "Do you want to be like THAT?"

Perhaps not the best solution, but no easy answers here.

Chas
Old 08-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Resident octogenarian

I think I am on record in another thread as stating that the 'war on drugs' is about the dumbest idea around. Legalize it, tax it, it would all get so damn cheap for the government to buy that the drug lords would go broke as well as Al Queda and the Taliban. Then the only they would get weapons is when we fire them at them.

It would have the added bonus of natural selection.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I think I am on record in another thread as stating that the 'war on drugs' is about the dumbest idea around. Legalize it, tax it, it would all get so damn cheap for the government to buy that the drug lords would go broke as well as Al Queda and the Taliban. Then the only they would get weapons is when we fire them at them.

It would have the added bonus of natural selection.
Actually, I believe "projectiles" is what they would be getting. The "weapons", which we will retain, are simply a delivery mechanism.

If they can't afford them, they'll have to make their own. And good luck.

And while "natural selection" could be considered unfair in some circles, it is the "natural" order of things.

I believe that we may be on the same page.

Chas
Old 08-08-2009, 03:56 PM

Amen....The times I've done pot (Admittedly, its prolly been nigh on to 30 years...) I don't remember it being any worse or even as bad as being blitzed on beer or booze...I never liked it very much 'cause I couldn't stand the "New York Taxicab Floor" aftertaste you had for almost a day, or the way it made me cough my fool head off...It DID make me want to eat about everything I saw, though. But yeah, decriminalise it, make it legal, & tax the livin' SH!T outta it...The thing I liked about pot was the way it took the "wire edge" offa everything-You could just sit back & enjoy life, instead of gettin' "all balled up" inside...
Old 08-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Abby Normal

Most all victim-less crimes should be done away with.
Drugs, gambling, prostitution all of it.
Legalization is a no brainer if you just dump the christen good/bad mindset.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Most all victim-less crimes should be done away with.
Drugs, gambling, prostitution all of it.
Legalization is a no brainer if you just dump the christen good/bad mindset.
I've noticed that gambling is good now...ever since the gubbmitt started running their own version of the "numbers racket". I'd rather deal with the Mob.

Being a good Methodist, I've even queried God as to what he thought about things.

He ain't got back to me...reckon his office is located inside of the Beltway?

Chas
Old 08-08-2009, 05:53 PM

right now it cost me $80.00 for 1oz of avg. pot an amt. i can afford. im for legal pot i just dont think it will stop crime or save the econ. last nite in kcmo an individual fired into a crowd of folks in their front yard crippling a young girl for life. greed and fucking stupidity cause violent crime not drugs and the worst of this is in the minorty comunities where there is little or no effort to educate the kids. legal pot will simply save the prison system the space and $$$ to put away the real criminals for life and that should be enough. ive had it up to my ass with taxes of any kind

eric
Old 08-08-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Amen....The times I've done pot (Admittedly, its prolly been nigh on to 30 years...) I don't remember it being any worse or even as bad as being blitzed on beer or booze...I never liked it very much 'cause I couldn't stand the "New York Taxicab Floor" aftertaste you had for almost a day, or the way it made me cough my fool head off...It DID make me want to eat about everything I saw, though. But yeah, decriminalise it, make it legal, & tax the livin' SH!T outta it...The thing I liked about pot was the way it took the "wire edge" offa everything-You could just sit back & enjoy life, instead of gettin' "all balled up" inside...
I like it because I can't drink, and it gives me a way to unwind after a tough week. It makes the music sound better to me, and that's the big pull. If it wasn't for music, I wouldn't even mess with it.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've noticed that gambling is good now...ever since the gubbmitt started running their own version of the "numbers racket". I'd rather deal with the Mob.

Being a good Methodist, I've even queried God as to what he thought about things.

He ain't got back to me...reckon his office is located inside of the Beltway?

Chas
another excellent post