Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:14 PM

All I'm seeing is the (WINNING!) ticket for the Fall from the Dems. Clinton/Sanders.......Sander/Clinton??? Who cares along as it the Dems in control!

Barney
Old 04-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
All I'm seeing is the (WINNING!) ticket for the Fall from the Dems. Clinton/Sanders.......Sander/Clinton??? Who cares along as it the Dems in control!

Barney
Me too, old friend, me too.
Either of our candidates will shellac El Cheeto T'Rumpolini or Lyin' Ted.

This old Yippie just happens to think Hillary is the better one.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Me too, old friend, me too.
Either of our candidates will shellac El Cheeto T'Rumpolini or Lyin' Ted.

This old Yippie just happens to think Hillary is the better one.
Come the free for all in CLE this June and after the dust settles I feel the unlucky one to be the top of the ticket, will be neither of them!

Barney
Old 04-10-2016, 03:54 AM
Rational Anarchist

Where I come from this is called a draw.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:29 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Did somebody move the Mason/Dixon line?

Now that I think of it Maryland is below the 'Line'. I guess we can toss them under the bus for voting for oligarchs too.
No movement of the MD line, but the Far West and the Deep South are ideological allies, both basically opposed to federal government power. Here's an interesting article on the "11 nations" of North America: http://emerald.tufts.edu/alumni/maga...p-in-arms.html

Old 04-10-2016, 06:52 AM
Rational Anarchist

Cool and interesting map.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

Barney

Agreed.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
So Bernie wins 55.7% and Hillary wins 44.3%, and they each get 7 delegates. Who is doing the math here?
Just more evidence that this nomination is rigged for Clinton, as if we needed any more.

There are also reports that Clinton supporters brought in hundreds of absentee ballots favoring her. WTF? I thought a caucus meant that you had to get up off the couch and actually participate.

http://www.wyomingnews.com/news/new-...7ed6c9c66.html

Then there's the fact that unlike some of the other Caucus states, Wyoming is a closed caucus. You have ti be a registered Democrat and you have to do it in advance. No same day registration. With all that going against him, it's not surprising that Bernies margin of victory was smaller in Wyoming than some of the other caucus states.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Just more evidence that this nomination is rigged for Clinton, as if we needed any more.

There are also reports that Clinton supporters brought in hundreds of absentee ballots favoring her. WTF? I thought a caucus meant that you had to get up off the couch and actually participate.

http://www.wyomingnews.com/news/new-...7ed6c9c66.html

Then there's the fact that unlike some of the other Caucus states, Wyoming is a closed caucus. You have ti be a registered Democrat and you have to do it in advance. No same day registration. With all that going against him, it's not surprising that Bernies margin of victory was smaller in Wyoming than some of the other caucus states.
The thing that really bothers me is that the political operatives are manipulating the system to come up with a paper victory for HRC. How good is that? Hillary already begins with a very low trust threshold, you rig the system to make her win, and how does that look?

Once again I am beginning to feel sorry for her, she appears not to have the HP to get elected President based on her merrits and now is being propped up. Does Bernie have it, we don't know, at least he is able to stand on his own. I cannot see how any one can stand and listen to a Hillary campaign speech.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
The thing that really bothers me is that the political operatives are manipulating the system to come up with a paper victory for HRC. How good is that? Hillary already begins with a very low trust threshold, you rig the system to make her win, and how does that look?

Once again I am beginning to feel sorry for her, she appears not to have the HP to get elected President based on her merrits and now is being propped up. Does Bernie have it, we don't know, at least he is able to stand on his own. I cannot see how any one can stand and listen to a Hillary campaign speech.
Everyone is different.

I know you are upset about the super delegate thing but Obama did the same thing to Hillary in 2008.

The primaries are different in that both parties are really in control of the actual machine of each state and run the conventions. The establishments of each party have a big hand in the running of both processes.

Have you noticed that Trump is actually not being allowed to pick his own delegates at the state ratifying conventions? That is because he is green and Cruz knows how to game the system and organize at those conventions.
If Trump was electable maybe the local state guys might be putting up more of a fight with Cruz.

In short the Democratic establishment feels more comfortable right now with Hillary than Bernie and only a big victory in New York and California might shake them. I am confident that those two things probably won't happen.
I am sure you would not complain about super delegates if Bernie started to get them.