Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:56 AM

Greta Thunberg - Time Person of the Year

https://time.com/person-of-the-year-...reta-thunberg/

Donny & the Trumpkins be damned! Too bad most of our resident idiots have left, would be hilarious to read their ignorant, uninformed responses.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:27 AM

She is only the beginning.
Listen to her words, for they will be repeated in mass by the young in our future. When talking about what the generations before left for them. Deciding between selfishness, stupidity, greed and laziness as to the reasons.
All being correct in the end.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:11 PM

Janis Ian
45 mins ·

If you're going to come on my page and argue that Greta Thunberg is "only sixteen" and a "tool of the left" and should "stay home and have a childhood", best to keep in mind that I wrote "Society's Child" at 14, recorded it at fifteen, and had a national hit record with it at 16. Which, at 16, left me called "nigger lover", had people spitting at me in the street, trying to trip me as I walked on stage, sending me death threats, and in general exposed to much of the worst humanity had to offer.

I was no "tool of the left". I was a songwriter talking about what I saw as wrong in the world. I was doing my job as an artist. She is doing her job as a citizen.
So don't come on this page and argue that as an excuse for Trump's bullying, or I will throw you right off.

AND. Don't try the "Oh, but y'all were laughing when HIS son got bullied." NO one on this page, including myself, thought Trump's younger son should have been even mentioned; children have no choice in the matter. Just like no one should have mentioned the Clinton's daughter, or the Obamas' daughters.

Don't use those excuses for his behavior. I won't tolerate it.