Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 PM

Congratulations America!

You did it!

You got what you wanted. You insured that you will have several more decades, at best, of corporate profit over people. Lucky for you, you can still have your insurance dropped if you actually get sick. Hey, sick people are bad for profits! Who cares if you paid in for all those years!?

You've insured that millions of you will still not be able to buy any insurance at all, but will have to live in a system where inflated costs make it impossible to pay for your own care!

Well done! You really showed those bastards in Washington a thing or two! Well, kinda. They all have health care.

Congratulations America! You once again showed the world what you're all about!

Hey, can we charge all those people in Haiti for Emergency Room visits? Why should *they* get free health care?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 PM

So does this mean your not happy about it?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writewing View Post
So does this mean your not happy about it?
No, I'm not. And the ironic thing is, I *have* health insurance. Damn good health insurance. I stood to gain nothing. I just thought it was the right thing to do.

But we'll have none of that! This is America!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:49 PM

and all those folks whose med bills are so high they have to sell their homes and move into their car, if they still have that left.

ain't american folks grand?!

'an how much of haiti relief donations from those same 'grand' people wouldn't get donated if not for a tax deduction?

the song goes, 'we won't get fooled again'. oh, yes we will/did.

Last edited by westgate; 01-19-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

'an how much of haiti relief donations from those same 'grand' people wouldn't get donated if not for a tax deduction?
(From post #3)

How does it make sense to give away X number of dollars so that you can deduct a small percentage of X from your taxes?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:08 PM

They had a year to get it done. So now it's the republicans fault again. Boo Hoo. I think the tax payers have had enough. The only way to fix our problems is to buy american products. Screw both parties!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb View Post
They had a year to get it done. So now it's the republicans fault again. Boo Hoo. I think the tax payers have had enough. The only way to fix our problems is to buy american products. Screw both parties!
Exactly my thoughts. Screw both parties, they look nothing like what the forefathers intended for them to look like. I'm a Democrat who lost his 30 year job because of a plant moving overseas 2 years ago. Where the Hell is the focus on bringing WORK to our country again? What good is any health care bill if I can't afford to pay the premiums? I'm sick of all of these people turning their collective backs on mainstream America, on both sides of the aisle. They all point fingers at each other with their faces turned away from the people who put them in office.

Not gonna lie here, I was ready to vote for Hillary because she was campaigning on the contention of taxing and tariffing every US company exporting jobs! Regardless of party, that's who I will vote for the next time around.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Music View Post
Not gonna lie here, I was ready to vote for Hillary because she was campaigning on the contention of taxing and tariffing every US company exporting jobs! Regardless of party, that's who I will vote for the next time around.
Man, this is hard to admit...

I supported Obama. In hindsight, I should have gotten on board with my wife for Hillary. She just knows how to play the game.

I don't know why they asked, but Rasmussen had a poll about her this week- 54% approval. She may get the last laugh.

Take care,

Ed
Old 01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Man, this is hard to admit...

I supported Obama. In hindsight, I should have gotten on board with my wife for Hillary. She just knows how to play the game.

I don't know why they asked, but Rasmussen had a poll about her this week- 54% approval. She may get the last laugh.

Take care,

Ed

Now you got me real ascared !!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Now you got me real ascared !!!!
Grudge match: Condi vs Hillary 15 rounds no holds barred.

Pete