Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
We'll see what 2018 brings
Will you believe the inevitable? Per your puppet-master, the press is the enemy of the people, so surely they will lie to you, no?
Old 08-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Admin

Quote:
Of course, the other way to look at this is that Obama told us that those jobs were "never coming back". And look - they're coming back.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...ong-2018-08-03

Oh, and from that same article:

Brookings compiled a list of the top 10 states by contribution to 2016-2017 national manufacturing job growth. Only two states listed, California and Illinois, did not vote for Donald Trump.

The chart is in the linked article.
Did you wash your hands after pulling that out of your hind end, Mike?
Old 08-10-2018, 01:43 PM
Admin

"U.S. workers' paychecks are worth less than they were a year ago, the labor department reported Friday, as modest wage gains have failed to keep pace with inflation.
Inflation rose 2.9 percent from July 2017 to July 2018, the Labor Department said, while average hourly pay increased 2.7 percent over the same period.
The lack of real wage gains comes despite a strong economy, with sustained growth and an unemployment rate of 3.9 percent -- one of the lowest levels in decades." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.a14decf805b7

I thought the Naranja Shartcannon said we were going to be soooo tired of winning. If you're going backwards, it sure don't sound like winning to me.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode
"U.S. workers' paychecks are worth less than they were a year ago, the labor department reported Friday, as modest wage gains have failed to keep pace with inflation.
Quote:
We'll see what 2018 brings.
Doh! Guess we’re seeing.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:52 PM

The Dow just registered its longest stint in correction territory in nearly 60 years

131 sessions. Good news is, it’s kept the idiot in chief from bragging about the Dow for a good while. I notice our resident Trumpkin has been awfully quiet of late...

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...E-F549B3224C71
Old 09-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Donny’s claim that GDP tops the jobless rate for the first time in 'over 100 years' is not even close to correct

Just more lies from Donny. Of course, his idiot followers will believe whatever nonsense he an Fox “News” tell them.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/10/trum...ven-close.html
Old 10-13-2018, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Of course, the other way to look at this is that Obama told us that those jobs were "never coming back". And look - they're coming back.
And look what happens to other jobs when the antics used to get jobs to come back actually bring a few jobs back.

Ford loses $1 Billion and prepares for Massive Layoffs.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:19 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
And look what happens to other jobs when the antics used to get jobs to come back actually bring a few jobs back.

Ford loses $1 Billion and prepares for Massive Layoffs.
I work in the manufacturing field, building climate control systems for server and clean rooms. Material costs have hit us also. While I won't argue that the tariffs have cut into corporate profits, it seems the restructuring would probably be happening anyway. Ford has admitted that it will be aimed at the salaried sector of their company of which they have "too many layers". Also, it seems many of the layoffs will be in the global, not domestic arena. I see a lot more to the condition of the auto industry woes than tariffs. My Super Duty (Lariat diesel) had an MSRP of 37,745 in 2007. I will never be able to replace it as a new one now costs 67,540. That MSRP isn't much different than the pre-tariff 2018 model.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:02 PM
Admin

ProPublica's expose of the Trump family business

https://features.propublica.org/trum...a-city-khafif/

Effing pirates. All of them deserve to be locked up for a good long time including daddy's little girl Ivanka and her tax dodging husband Jerrod.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:40 AM
Area Man

My favorite Trumpflunkie is a guy at work named Ray, who recently started up with a comment about "Antifa" (A contraction of the name "anti-Fascist".) being a Fascist organization. Ray is a dumbass who goes on all day long about Evangelist preachers being money grubbing scumbags and pouts when I remind him that they pretty much unanimously endorse Trump and the Republican Party.....speaking of money grubbing scumbags...…..

Anyhow, to get to the point, Ray started crowing about "the Trump economy" on Friday, so I asked him how his investments are doing. I know his financial situation because he talks about it all day long, every day. Ray has lost several thousand dollars over the last few weeks as have I. The difference between us is that I have enough fucking sense to know that with GOP majorities in both house and senate and King Asshole the Useless in the Oval office for nearly two years, it's pathetic to blame Obama. The GOP has no one to blame and yet......they still do.

I hate these people.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-21-2018 at 02:45 AM.